A forum for RC5 junkies ... Cool!

Phooey

Jul 1, 2000
I popped over to this forum when I noticed you TA guys producing a larger than normal number of blocks. I now see that the increase in blocks is just as big of a mystery to you as it is to other teams. I've been participating in the D.Net RC5 challenge for over a year, but it was only until reading this forum that I learned about "megaflushing", "Herds" and "phantom flushers" :) Cool Stuff!

The PhF mystery is really intriguing. It will be interesting to see who the culprit turns out to be. If the blocks turn out to be illegitimate -- couldn't D.Net isolate those blocks from the legitimate blocks without affecting the victims/benefactors?

Jay -Team BeOS
-------------------
http://stats.distributed.net/rc5-64/psummary.php3?id=198029

mindless

Oct 9, 1999
You know that Zuni, the forum god, runs a script on the distributed forum and whenever someone who does not belong to TA posts here theyre account is immediatly transfered to TA. Also it is then locked so that it can not be removed from the team. And before you whine about how thats unfair, blah blah blah, read over the agreement you agreed to when signing up.

Welcome to the team :D

Disclaimer: The above is nothing but the rambling of a bored sleepless geek

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Well, you learn something everyday, eh Phooey?;) But seriously, Dnet will be able to "throw out" bad blocks if nessisary, so you are right.:)

PS lol mindless

Phooey

Jul 1, 2000
Doh! That's the second time this week I've gotten in trouble for not reading the fine print . I should have also paid closer attention to the warnings regarding my Migraine prescription: :0

Possible side effects include Nausea, heartburn, irritation or pain of the esophagus (the tube that connects your mouth with your stomach), vomiting, difficulty swallowing, a full or bloated feeling in the stomach, constipation, diarrhea, black and/or bloody stools, stomach or other peptic ulcers (some severe), and gas.

Bone, muscle or joint pain, headache, or an altered sense of taste were also experienced by some patients. Rarely, a rash (occasionally made worse by sunlight) or eye pain have occurred. Allergic reactions such as hives or, rarely, swelling of the face, lips, tongue and/or throat which may cause difficulty in breathing or swallowing have also been reported. Mouth ulcers have occurred when the tablet was chewed or dissolved in the mouth.

My doctor says once the diarrhea subsides, he will be able to take a closer look at the hives on my face and in a couple of weeks I should be able to see again! ;)

Phooey
--------------------
http://stats.distributed.net/rc5-64/psummary.php3?id=198029

Viztech

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Phooey-

Looks like you took time out from RC5 to do CSC as well. As you can tell, we also do SETI, DCypher Gamma Flux, and TA members have also done many other distributed projects. Many of us are going to hit OGR hard when it starts up as well.

Are you on a team now? If not, let me invite you to join up with us. The perks are limited, forums, stats, Mika's team proxy stats, IRC chat, UT servers, peanuts (no, wait ViRGE ate those), and the ULTIMATE perk- beer, babes and the hot tub when you reach RC5 millionaire status.

viz

Phooey

Jul 1, 2000
Thunder - I'm not sure if the migraine is gone or not ... It's hard to tell with all the "side effects" ;)

viztech - I've been running the SETI client off and on for about a year. I didn't hear about DCypher until recently. I'll take a look into it.

As tempting as the beer, babes and hot tubs sound (too bad about the peanuts :) I'm already a member of Team BeOS (currently #24). We may not have much of a chance of finding the key, but it is my favorite OS -- which takes precedence over my favorite computer hardware review site. :) Besides, it's fun being a big fish in a small pond.

Phooey
-----------------------
http:// [url]http://stats.distributed.net/rc5-64/psummary.php3?id=198029 [/url]

Viztech

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Cool, a BeOS user. I heard that is a great OS.

DCypher is going to roll out Gamma 2 soon, so you may want to watch for that. DCypher is really hard at work on various improvements right now, so keep an eye on them.

BTW, welcome to the TA forum.

viz