A challange for conservatives...

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
I'll watch Bill O'Reily for a month if you watch Keith Olbermann's countdown for month.

Pretty simple, I wonder if anything will come out of this...

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
I'm considered Conservative by most. But I watch CNN exclusively. Does that make me the odd one in the bunch?

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: brandonb
I'm considered Conservative by most. But I watch CNN exclusively. Does that make me the odd one in the bunch?

Nah most conservatives watch CNN I believe, it is what makes them pissed off at the world.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Tab
I'll watch Bill O'Reily for a month if you watch Keith Olbermann's countdown for month.

Im hardcore conservative but I dont want O'Reily. How about Sean Hannity or Glenn Beck for Olbermann?

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: Corbett

Im hardcore conservative but I dont want O'Reily. How about Sean Hannity or Glenn Beck for Olbermann?

Hannity or Glenn works for me... Never really watched Glenn stuff though...

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: sandorski
Why not both side watch neither?

Why not?

Switching newspapers, sites and forum could be done...

Why switch one Spinner/Editorialist for another?

Sticking to simple News storys of events and real Expert(those who have Expertise, not a loud mouth or Personality) ideas on subject matter serves everyone better.

edit: All that said, not meaning to derail thread or start anything. So I'll leave that there.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002

Why not?

Sticking to simple News storys of events and real Expert(those who have Expertise, not a loud mouth or Personality) ideas on subject matter serves everyone better.

edit: All that said, not meaning to derail thread or start anything. So I'll leave that there.

I still read my local newspaper, NYT and watch Bill O'Reily on a semi-daily basis...

It's just an idea guys... :(

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Corbett

Hannity or Glenn works for me... Never really watched Glenn stuff though...

Ugh, Glenn Beck is the worst of them all. I mean if you want partisan hackery, Glenn Beck is like a poor man's Sean Hannity. Hannity for all the things I don't like about him is certainly the best in the business at what he does. Beck... pssh. Just a runner up.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Why not?

I still read my local newspaper, NYT and watch Bill O'Reily on a semi-daily basis...

I know, I'm sorry. :(

:D

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002

Why not?

I know, I'm sorry. :(

:D

Maybe it'd better to switch from watching Fox News to reading the New York Times?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
how about I watch neither?

I listen to Hannity and Colmes as background noise sometimes, but it's really because I hate Larry King so much. I'd rather listen to right wing ranting than a corpse stumbling around on stage.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Rather than watch some person spin the news as or before the issue and action is being debated, why not pay a lot more attention to the later results of a policy?

After all, if we have any belief in cause and effect, good governmental policy will succeed and bad governmental policy will fail.

And when it comes time to spin the results, its much harder than than spinning what the future glorious are supposed to bring.

Now the question is and remains, are we better off than we were eight years ago and have the wondrous predictions and policies of GWB resulted in positive results?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Most "conservatives" I know use foxnews as gospel. It is crap. Any single source is. I use drudge for most of my news, honestly (that and CNN money). It is biased as they all are, but between it and P&N right now I feel I have a decent impression of things :)

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
I watch neither Fox or MSNBC or any of the other other cable news channels for that matter.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
How about we talk about actual news sources instead of a bunch of jackass commentators?

Mail5398

Jul 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Strk
How about we talk about actual news sources instead of a bunch of jackass commentators?

How about a lot more like the late Tim Russert and a lot less Olbermann and O'Reilly. Both of those two are GIGANTIC JACKASSESS. They do not report any news that I can tell. All they seem to do is throw their opinion out as news. I want to puke either time any of their ilk is on TV. Oh yeah, CNN you suck too.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Strk
Agreed. I generally don't have the time for them.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: WHAMPOM
BBC for some real news reporting?

Even they are guilty of biased news coverage

THE BBC is institutionally biased, an official report will conclude this week. The year-long investigation, commissioned by the BBC, has found the corporation particularly partial in its treatment of single-issue politics such as climate change, poverty, race and religion.

It concludes that the bias has extended across drama, comedy and entertainment, with the corporation pandering to politically motivated celebrities and trendy causes.

Singled out is the coverage of Bob Geldof?s Live 8 concert and the Make Poverty History campaign. The report says there was no rounded debate of the issues.

The report also raises serious concerns about accompanying programmes, including a drama by the writer Richard Curtis and the finale of his Vicar of Dibley where Dawn French shows a minute-long clip of the Make Poverty History video.

The document, jointly commissioned by BBC managers and the board of governors, now replaced by the BBC Trust, includes details of a staff impartiality seminar at which senior figures criticised the corporation for being antiAmerican and pandering to Islam.

Criticisms highlighted from the seminar include: A senior BBC reporter attacking the corporation for giving ?no moral weight? to America. Executives admitting they would broadcast images of a Bible being thrown away ? but not the Koran for fear of offending Muslims. The BBC deliberately championing multiculturalism and ethnic minorities, while betraying an anticountryside bias.

Mary Fitzpatrick, the BBC?s ?diversity czar?, told the seminar Muslim women newsreaders should be allowed to wear the hijab, or headscarf, on screen. Fitzpatrick spoke out after criticism over Fiona Bruce?s decision to wear a necklace with a cross while reading the news.

The report?s findings come in the wake of a separate independent review of the BBC?s business coverage which two weeks ago accused the broadcaster of lapses in impartiality because of its desire to popularise corporate stories.

It singled out an interview with Bill Gates on the 10 O?Clock News as ?sycophantic?.

I give the BBC alot of credit though for responding to criticisms and commissioning an investigation.

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
Lucky me. Cable isn't available here so I don't get to watch any of the cable shows you guys are talking about.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I'm neither Conservative or Liberal, but I try and just watch the C-SPAN's when I can watch TV. That way you can hear it straight from the source instead of getting "news" from one slanted source or another.

It's actually sort of funny to watch a whole segment of C-SPAN, and then look at the "news" sites the next day "report" on the news. They all leave context out, and many actually warp it to whatever message they're trying to report.

Which news sites do I trust: None of them.

Chuck