A/C for troops in Iraq

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
Here is a link to a webpage referenced in an article in my latest issue of Army Times. It just so happens, that I know the soldier and the unit referenced in the article as it's my unit's job to replace them doing the police work at Fort Riley. Here's a link to a website started by one of those soldier's mother who sent him a window air conditioning unit while he was over there. If you'd like to donate, it looks like she's got a pretty good grassroots program going on getting our troops over there some amenities that they need. Visit her site here for more info.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
THATS BS!!! Send them here to AZ where it is generally hotter than in Iraq (with the exception of this week)!

j/k

Feb 10, 2000
I find it quite surprising that even the Army, who tend toward uncomfortable quarters, would not have A/C. When I was deployed to a bare base in the Middle East (basically a small tent city), my tent was always frosty, and I slept with a thick comforter at night even though it was ~120 degrees in the daytime. Just one more reason I am glad I joined the AF . . .