FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
:disappointed: No more flagging reviews on Amazon as "unhelpful."

It's "thumbs up" only, or shut your mouth.:nomouth:

I've noticed various sites rolling out revamps in advance of the holidays.
Maybe Anandtech will roll out some thumbs up/down icons.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
People tend to troll more in the downward direction than up. As satisfying as it would sometimes be to click the handy 'You're a fuckin' retard' button, I can't support it. I'd like to get rid of [like] buttons too. Full review, or gtfo. If you don't care enough to write, it isn't important enough to click a button.

Reactions: GagHalfrunt

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
"Not helpful" is a great way to let people know they aren't helping. Sure they've been hiding downvotes for a while. You had to click on the review title to reveal how many voted you down.

They really need to show helpful/not helpful votes on your profile, next to each of your reviews listed there, not just a total overall. Unfortunately the profile only shows a Total, so to find out if your review has been helpful, you have to click on it and go to the product page. I vainly complained to Amazon about this - they thanked me and did nothing.

BTW, I think one-liner reviews should be classed as comments - not reviews.

Reactions: fralexandr

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
IMO, the value of people's posts, reviews, whatever are self evident, and don't require feedback. Regarding buying items specifically, several reviews need to be read to get a real feel of the item, and to weed out the 1* idiots(Seller sucks! The 17" Dodge 3500 rims rubbed the wheel wells on my Civic! I can't drive with these wheels, and I already sold my old rims. Now I can't get to work!)

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003
Nice. So now the click-farms can upvote worthless products (I can show any one of 50 sites where votes are $.10 - $2.00 per vote). And we can't flag the accounts as obvious click-farms. Sigh.