A belated welcome to Assim1 !!

ColinP

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Mark,

never did welcome you it seems !!

Welcome to the TeAm !! We're hoping to get into the top30 teams soon ;)

here

:)

Col

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Welcome to the TeAm :)

I hope you enjoy your stay with us, and that you pop in often and saty hi! If you have any questions or problems, regarding Seti@home, Distributed Computing, computers in general, or even life, just ask, and someone will help you out shortly :)

Confused

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
(Message by Assimilator1)Date Posted: Nov/05/1999 11:00 PM

Hi

I've joined your team ,hopefully one day I can get into your top 100!
I have a Celeron 366 @ 550MHz ,192Mb RAM & a 16Mb TNT2.
So far this is my only PC ,though I may have an old Pentium 133 @ 166 soon as well.
I don't leave it on permanently ,& often SETI@home is running whilst I browse the web ,this probably slows my Unit time a bit ,never mind!
My new PCI Hardware modem replacing my software one may help a bit here though.

"Join the Search!"

This is worth saving.

Thanks "ColinP"

BTW, "Assimilator1" I have been appointed your "MENTOR" so if you have any questions please send me a PM. ;) :p :D

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
LMFAO :D ,thanks guys ,better late than never;)

Smokeball
I have a question ,as my mentor do you get to switch your entire teams production over to me for 1 month?;)
And yeah I was a true blue newbie back then:eek:;) ,I couldn't even find the Team listing stats!

That Pentium rig I mentioned started as a P90@100 ,so I didn't run SETI on it then.About a year latter it got a Pentium 166MMX & I fired SETI up on it sporadically,then a newer mbrd with SDRAM & I overclocked it to 188MHz ,then it got a Pentium 233MMX@266MHz where it stayed until last summer when it got a major upgrade with a Duron setup ,it now has my old XP1500 in it;).(linked in my sig)

Colin
Thanks for the welcome;)

Have you seen Binky lately? ,I haven't seen him since the thread I created about the 'Hobbit' site going down which he managed to get sorted.I think that was last summer :(.Haven't seen Danstp around here for ages either ,though I have spotted him in the Overclocking section from time to time.And where's LD these days?only at thegamebox forum?
And I never have solved the mystery of what happened to Ragman ,I never got a response from any email to him.
What happened to Rich3077?