A 50 year old man added my 16 year old girlfriend and her friends on facebook?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Originally posted by: DrPizza You're absolutely nuts if you think that in that type of a climate, a teacher would get an account and start adding students.

Unless, of course, said teacher was also a pedophile, right?

But I guess being a pedo would qualify as "absolutely nuts".

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: montypythizzle
Originally posted by: DrPizza
Originally posted by: postmortemIA
Originally posted by: DrPizza
Originally posted by: postmortemIA
maybe he's her teacher?

I'm a teacher...
<summoning up teacher common sense>
Something like that would appear very inappropriate for a teacher.
If another teacher in my district was doing this, I'd advise them to put a stop to it.
<that was easy.>

well sounds like good way to make sure your students don't get in trouble or in bad influence... just check out all their buddies on facebook.

Almost any administrator will find it inappropriate. Many parents will find it inappropriate. After just 1 complaint these days, schools are obligated to follow up with an investigation. *I'M* not going to be the person to have a complaint filed against me. My door is always open. Students are welcome to stop in any time for help with school work, or if they have any other concerns. I've stayed late - past 6pm, so that some students who had sports practices could still come in for extra help before a test. I'm working on a chat room just for the students at our school (a math/science chat room). Two of my classes have on their course outline that they can call me at home before 10pm if they have difficulty with some concept. I have absolutely no issues with contact with students outside of school (although I do my best to avoid situations where someone could falsely accuse me of something - the only time I ever went against my best judgement was giving a female student a ride home from a dinner 25 miles away - her mother's car broke down on the way to pick her up and it looked like she'd be stuck there for a couple hours, and I'd be stuck there for a couple hours too since she was under my supervision.) But, there's no way in hell I'm going to create an account on facebook or myspace and add students. Heck, some of the administrators and local law enforcement find it very inappropriate that students are even allowed on those two sites in the first place. There are some schools (private schools) that forbid their students to have accounts on myspace. Parents are being told that there are bazillions of sexual predators online and they need to watch everything their kids are doing. You're absolutely nuts if you think that in that type of a climate, a teacher would get an account and start adding students.

HOLY BLOCK PARAGRAPH BATMAN!

HoLy CaPsLoCk StIcKiNeSs BaTmAn!!!

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Jesus. There should be an age limit on this board. Stupid kids and their drama.

imported_Baloo

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2006
Originally posted by: Pacfanweb
Originally posted by: DrPizza You're absolutely nuts if you think that in that type of a climate, a teacher would get an account and start adding students.

Unless, of course, said teacher was also a pedophile, right?

But I guess being a pedo would qualify as "absolutely nuts".

If this about some girl 12 or under, yeah. A pedophile would not have much interest in a 16-Year-Old.

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
ZOMG! I puT up a PUBLIC profile on a PUBLIC SOCIAL site and some member of the PUBLIC saw it and responded! LUL WUT DO I DO GUYZ?

QFT.

Hey, let's counter-react to the reactions of one of the other random six billions of hu-mans on the planet... FTL!

SOSTrooper

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2001
He seems legit, accept the friend request, he might've won the last big lottery and is using facebook to share his wealth. :D

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: NanoStuff
Damn, a fella can't request a friend invite without being labeled a sexual offender anymore?

excellent point......

I bet the OP has no qualms about looking at an older woman and thinking she is fine...

headRush

Mar 25, 2006
man how do you manage to do anything on your own?

your girlfriend comes to you asking you to check sex offenders lists when some old guy adds her facebook? wtf who cares. move on. tell her to stop being such an idiot.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
ZOMG! I puT up a PUBLIC profile on a PUBLIC SOCIAL site and some member of the PUBLIC saw it and responded! LUL WUT DO I DO GUYZ?
LOL... I was going to post teh same thing. Right along the lines of:

"OMG, I wore this revealing outfit and now guys are gawking at me. What a bunch of perverts!?"