9800 GX2 Benchmark is out!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Yeah the 7900GTX came out very soon afterwards...and the X1900 series came around that time as well...maybe a bit before.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: thilan29
Yeah the 7900GTX came out very soon afterwards...and the X1900 series came around that time as well...maybe a bit before.

Thanks quite true - the 512MB card was a "interim" card for the SOLE purpose of taking the performance crown from x1800xt ... and 7900 came out SHORTLY after with much better performance for WAY less money .. and then x1900xt blew them both away.

Anyway, i have been doing my research .. it is *documented* here;

G200 is apparently *already* taped out!!

we have an *identical* situation with GX2 - r700 and GT200, i believe

Piuc2020

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2005
You are making FAR too many suppositions and conjecture to be spewing such baseless claims around.

How do you even know the GT200 is taped out? Oh? Because a website says so? Seriously, I thought your topic was interesting and let it go but now you are filling every thread of baseless FUD. By the way, even if the GT200 is taped out it still doesn't mean NVIDIA can just go and release it right now.

Seriously, just, stop, you are making such a big deal out of this and you are not even basing your claims on FACTS, just RUMORS.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Piuc2020
You are making FAR too many suppositions and conjecture to be spewing such baseless claims around.

How do you even know the GT200 is taped out? Oh? Because a website says so? Seriously, I thought your topic was interesting and let it go but now you are filling every thread of baseless FUD. By the way, even if the GT200 is taped out it still doesn't mean NVIDIA can just go and release it right now.

Seriously, just, stop, you are making such a big deal out of this and you are not even basing your claims on FACTS, just RUMORS.

excuse me
:confused:

my reply was in answer to a comment to me by thilan29 .. i was e-x-p-a-n-d-i-n-g- on what was posted previously and gave a link to a very current thread. It is "related" to THIS discussion.
- in that thread, i am posting MY own opinion of events ... even as you are as you are posting your's. It is identified as such and there ARE links so you know i did NOT "make it up" :p
--i did not originate it although i am first to post it here

And more than half of these threads ARE "rumor threads"
--do i not have the privileges of other members? Why should i have to *defend* my actions to you?
rose.gif

Piuc2020

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2005
My particular thoughts weren't directed at your replies toward thilan29 but rather at the incessant rambling about the 9800GX2 and GT200 you've been doing lately, it's okay to discuss rumors but when they are just that it's better to discuss them peacefully and not start judging and attacking particular products and brands.

You keep talking about the 9800GX2 as a "status" card and keep accusing NVIDIA and talking so passionately about it... that is only a wild guess at this point and you should talk about your statements as possibilities and what-if scenarios, not hide behind your precious links as if they are the ultimate authority in truth just because a tech site "has heard from OEMs" about something and even then it just seems like you twist the information or don't even understand it (cause apparently, you don't even know what a tape out is).

I'm not accusing you of lying but after the excellent tests you did on Vista32-64 and the well founded discussion on piracy I'm surprised to see you talk with such reaffirmation about something you *LITERALLY* know nothing about except what a tech site seems to have "heard".

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I don't know why they're bothering to release that card at all. It seems totally pointless given how close it is to the existing 8800GTS, and they already have the high end covered with their GX2.