98% Memory usage while gaming on HWiNFO64 and Task Manager (HELP)

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
So I keep noticing bad lag spikes on all the games I Play not just one or two. This is Black Ops 4, Rust, Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty Ghosts, GRID2, Rainbow 6 Siege. Pretty much any game I play this happens. This is an RMA board from last year. Its not under warranty anymore. The Memory is Gskill Ripjaws 2X8 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz memory. This happens with XMP enabled and Disabled. CPU Not overclocked. No idea what I can or should do. Not sure how long the Memory warranty is but I bought it new from Newegg February 2016, going to have to see when it expires. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?
Anandtech Memory.PNG

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Just because your system is using all the RAM, it does not mean it's defective. If you had defective RAM, you would know because of instability and crashes.

That said, look in Windows task manager (and resource monitor), and see what processes are using your RAM.

3.jpg

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Just because your system is using all the RAM, it does not mean it's defective. If you had defective RAM, you would know because of instability and crashes.

That said, look in Windows task manager (and resource monitor), and see what processes are using your RAM.

View attachment 5524
Okay thank you will do that. So far nothing out the ordinary just Chrome and the applications I have running. The screenshot of full memory usage was while playing Rust with Rust running in the background. With just default applications running Chrome is on top of the list as expected but nothing that stands out and the usage seems about right with only 4GB of usage

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Will 6 to 8 hours be enough?

It's been a few years since I've used it, but if it's the same as it was then, you can change how many passes it does. So in that case, you should be able to run a couple passes in that time frame.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
It's been a few years since I've used it, but if it's the same as it was then, you can change how many passes it does. So in that case, you should be able to run a couple passes in that time frame.
Okay will give it a try.