975 D0 Preview

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Originally posted by: IanY
IIRC Rubycon works on a boat (Norwegian Dawn?), hence the no driving and all expenses paid.

Ooopps.. I got the whole thing wrong then, sorry. I thought the person is named Dawn and lives in Bermuda. lol

no dawn is a pirate on the black peral. :p

Classified coming in today.

IanY

Feb 12, 2008

Congratulations!

Any ideas of what to use as silver inside a MCRES? I have no room for a tube reservoir. Otherwise, it would be easy to use a 5 troy ounce silver ingot or silver bar. 10 ounce would be possible too, but its kind of silly to spend $200 of silver on a $25 reservoir lol

However, MCRES is small, and I thought about a 10 mm men's braclet, but I'm worried about it being sucked down the tubes to the pump. I guess silver balls are even more dangerous. I also thought about silver audio banana plugs or silver speaker cable (now that's expensive!). Both can also be sucked into the pump.

One idea is coiled silver wire for jewelry, but you still have to uncoil it to get into the reservoir, and anything thinner than 12 gauge kind of looks wimpy.

Maybe I pour silver oxide into the water haha

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005

Congratulations!

Any ideas of what to use as silver inside a MCRES? I have no room for a tube reservoir. Otherwise, it would be easy to use a 5 troy ounce silver ingot or silver bar. 10 ounce would be possible too, but its kind of silly to spend $200 of silver on a $25 reservoir lol

However, MCRES is small, and I thought about a 10 mm men's braclet, but I'm worried about it being sucked down the tubes to the pump. I guess silver balls are even more dangerous. I also thought about silver audio banana plugs or silver speaker cable (now that's expensive!). Both can also be sucked into the pump.

One idea is coiled silver wire for jewelry, but you still have to uncoil it to get into the reservoir, and anything thinner than 12 gauge kind of looks wimpy.

Just get a kill coil iany.

http://i125.photobucket.com/al...aigomorla/IMG_0155.jpg

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Originally posted by: aigomorla

Congratulations!

Just get a kill coil iany.

http://i125.photobucket.com/al...aigomorla/IMG_0155.jpg

I just use a kill coil in the outlet tube of my pump.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
IIRC Rubycon works on a boat (Norwegian Dawn?), hence the no driving and all expenses paid.

Ooopps.. I got the whole thing wrong then, sorry. I thought the person is named Dawn and lives in Bermuda. lol

Yes my name is Dawn and our ship's registry is Hamilton, BMU. However I've been there many many times too! :D

p.s. ship not boat! ;)

IanY

Feb 12, 2008
Originally posted by: Rubycon

Yes my name is Dawn and our ship's registry is Hamilton, BMU. However I've been there many many times too! :D

p.s. ship not boat! ;)

Good for you. I wouldn't worry about you as long as stay away from the Gulf of Eden.

IanY

Feb 12, 2008
Classified came DOA!!???!!! That's EVGA's number one mobo... DOA!!!!

I must do it Rubycon's style from now on... order in pairs.

My question... Classified or Skulltrail... wife will kill me if I have both, plus the Asus.. so its one or the other (naturally the Skulltrail costs double).. but what she don't know ain't hurtin' nobody lol :)

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Size Comparison for you guys. Its not that much bigger then the Vanilla.

http://i125.photobucket.com/al...aigomorla/IMG_1344.jpg

The classified is DOA.

Diag LED's wont fire on, the board turns on, no post, no warning beeps nothing..

*sigh*

I hope i can get an Advance RMA for this sucker.

My question... Classified or Skulltrail... wife will kill me if I have both, plus the Asus.. so its one or the other (naturally the Skulltrail costs double).. but what she don't know ain't hurtin' nobody lol :)

She'll kill ya regardless, and you can only die once.

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
The classified is DOA.

But the classified came with a certificate stating it was individually tested and inspected by hand...how the hell did they bork that up?

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Idontcare
The classified is DOA.

But the classified came with a certificate stating it was individually tested and inspected by hand...how the hell did they bork that up?

i think the botch is on my end and i was shorting something out...

I changed beds over for one final test, and the board is alive.

The-Noid

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
i7 boards are very finicky with memory config. For me I have tried all slots until you can get the board to boot then change up the voltage. Last Asus P6T DLX I tried would only first boot with memory in the 4th slot.

Also I would have tried the 965 before the 975 to make sure Classified has correct cpu ucode.

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
DOA or DUH? :laugh:

So how is it?

It is sounding more like DOH!

Aigo my condolenscences...I can't imagine how torqued you prolly are at yourself if in fact it turns out you zappered your mobo accidentally. I sizzled my EVGA 680i board on day one long ago without even thinking. (had it plugged into PSU and set it down on a metal-top workbench, sparky sparky, loves me some ozone)

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Idontcare
DOA or DUH? :laugh:

So how is it?

It is sounding more like DOH!

Aigo my condolenscences...I can't imagine how torqued you prolly are at yourself if in fact it turns out you zappered your mobo accidentally. I sizzled my EVGA 680i board on day one long ago without even thinking. (had it plugged into PSU and set it down on a metal-top workbench, sparky sparky, loves me some ozone)

its working... nothing is wrong with it..

http://i211.photobucket.com/al...esttrade/backplate.jpg

should make it simple in what was happening.

It seems like those pins are long enough to puncture though my koolance rubber protector onto the steel backplate. :eek:

anyhow tomorrow i'll come with 5ghz and voltage required.

ghost recon88

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2005
You'd better at least put that chip under an F1 EE and LN2 or LH or else this thread will be null and void :p

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Originally posted by: NinjaJedi
hey aigo what blocks do you have on the nb/sb and mosfets on that p6t board?

There custom.

Made by a friend named Bei Fei.

We called them CnC P6T blocks. He made a limited supply, and now there no longer for sale.

Originally posted by: ghost recon88
You'd better at least put that chip under an F1 EE and LN2 or LH or else this thread will be null and void :p

i dont have the dwyer required for those. :p

I might try DICE and Acetone tho.

IanY

Feb 12, 2008
Looking for a D0 975 cpu. 6 GB Dominator GT 2000 Mhz, three GTX295s, Intel X25-Es, Intel advanced NIC, Raid Controller, and some form of sound card (I own Auzentech, Xonar and Creative and they all sux on the analog.. sound absolutely horrible).

ghost recon88

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2005
i dont have the dwyer required for those. :p

I might try DICE and Acetone tho.

The dewar is the cheap part, just get a 30L for $100-200.

On a side note, some i7s do max under dice depending on their coldbug.

Looking for a D0 975 cpu. 6 GB Dominator GT 2000 Mhz, three GTX295s, Intel X25-Es, Intel advanced NIC, Raid Controller, and some form of sound card (I own Auzentech, Xonar and Creative and they all sux on the analog.. sound absolutely horrible).

Might want to try the For Sale/Trade section, although you won't find a retail 975 in there yet.