9600GT 512mb 100 bucks at the egg.

wanderer27

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2005
Sounds like the Rebate may be highly doubtful though:

Originally posted by: Bozo Galora
Originally posted by: kevint02
Does anyone have experience with WorldWideRebates.com? I heard they really suck. Good deal only if you get your rebate back!

I just did a little research and some say that
Worldwiderebates = OnRebate = Systemax = Tiger Direct = CompUSA.com
Another guy had to call BBB to get them to give rebate because they kept lying to him

And this from the FW forum on this deal:
WorldwideRebates.com are worse than the infamous Kworld rebates where you need to go online to submit entries then fill out forms, mail those forms, then call them back after 8 weeks. It's still a gamble even after that. This time the rebate is a sizable $40

I would be on this in a minute with any other rebate co.

Tempered81

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: jaredpace
Originally posted by: thilan29
Originally posted by: jaredpace
http://www.newegg.com/Product/...x?Item=N82E16814261002

$218 for an SLI rig that will murder all games out there.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3234&p=3

IF you have an SLI motherboard, which I'm willing to bet most people don't.

sli mobo for core2duo $49 @ the egg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/...x?Item=N82E16813188023

$267

Look again there...

thats NOT a SLI board.

its a Micro with a 1x slot and 1 X16 the 1X is not a vid card slot. its a device slot. look at the screen shots.

BTW.. WTF is Palit.. and why should I trust my vid card to them when XFX and EVGA offer much more substantial warranties and reasons to buy..

nice.. but gamble on a company I've never heard of.. never.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
Palit = gainward-while their rma isnt as fast or as close as evga and xfx they are not bad.

Tempered81

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
am i losing my fvcking mind.

hang on...

lol this has got to be the most pathetic search for an sli motherboard ever.

Piuc2020

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2005
Also... aren't rebates limited to one per person? I'm pretty sure you can only send in one rebate so that would actually $260 + shipping + the SLI motherboard, not to mention you pay a much higher price out of the door (which is what matters the most for most people), rebates come in a month after or even later and when you get your money back you usually end up spending it on something else so really rebate deals aren't that hot.

But $149.99 out of the door is still a pretty nice price. These cards are pretty great but I'm kind of anxious to see a card that can push 60 frames on Very High in Crysis, we don't NEED one because every other game runs on max and Crysis on high looks better than those games even but it sure would be nice having a faster card.

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Piuc2020
Also... aren't rebates limited to one per person? I'm pretty sure you can only send in one rebate so that would actually $260 + shipping + the SLI motherboard, not to mention you pay a much higher price out of the door (which is what matters the most for most people), rebates come in a month after or even later and when you get your money back you usually end up spending it on something else so really rebate deals aren't that hot.

But $149.99 out of the door is still a pretty nice price. These cards are pretty great but I'm kind of anxious to see a card that can push 60 frames on Very High in Crysis, we don't NEED one because every other game runs on max and Crysis on high looks better than those games even but it sure would be nice having a faster card.

Does all rebates even come? I wouldn't be so sure. I've turned in so many rebates and about 60% of them come. Not sure about Palit though who just started selling in the U.S.

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
Originally posted by: angry hampster
I'd like to see a comparison showing SLI'd overclocked 8800GS cards against SLI'd overclocked 9600 cards.

9600gt would win especially considering when you buy a sli setup you want to turn on all the filters with uber high resolutions. 512vram helps in those situations.

Lithan

Platinum Member
Aug 2, 2004
TD had $99 680i lt sli xfx board if ya clicked through dunno if it's still there tho.