934 Revere Run >> Spam

Nov 17, 2019
For over a year, I've been getting spam messages about this address. This one says:

"Hi, my name is Amy, my partner and I are a local investor and looking at a couple of places. I'd love to take a look at 934 Revere Run Dr, does now work for a quick call?"

Others are similar. The address is underlined as if it's a link, but I never click on that stuff.

I have never been associated with that address in any way and a search shows it a very long distance from me.

I've had this cell number for probably 15 years now, so it's not like they're targetting someone who had the number before me.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
So is content here now so slow that we are posting our spam calls and emails? Did this REALLY need a thread???

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I get text message spam all the time from "realtors" looking to buy properties they think I own. The addresses are usually homes of family members. It's even more common than the extended car warranty.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I was expecting some kind of simulated meat substitute comparison thread
7G3zITG.png

I get text message spam all the time from "realtors" looking to buy properties they think I own. The addresses are usually homes of family members. It's even more common than the extended car warranty.
I was getting those for a while too, but they were never addresses I'd heard of. Finally tapered off a few months ago.
Now if I could stop getting weekly mail offering to refinance my house, that would be nice...

Reactions: Pohemi

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
You can refinance that house after you renew your car warranty that's expiring! lol
Why refinance when you can sell your home sight unseen because they are buying property in your area? You can get a new house and car with all the proceeds!

• Haha
Nov 17, 2019
Just got this one. Nothing here is me in any way. Not doing their opt out thing. Same as an 'unsubscribe' button that just validates a live account.

RevereSpam.jpgRevereSpam.jpg

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Not doing their opt out thing. Same as an 'unsubscribe' button that just validates a live account.
It drives me absolutely bonkers that my mother will answer her phone when it's an obvious spam/robo-caller, and then she'll sit there until an actual person comes on just to ask to be removed from their list. I don't know how many times I've told her, she's only confirming it's an active number with someone who will pick up.

She tells me she understands, but continues picking it up every time so the calls just increase and, "she can't understand why it's gotten so bad!!" :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
It drives me absolutely bonkers that my mother will answer her phone when it's an obvious spam/robo-caller, and then she'll sit there until an actual person comes on just to ask to be removed from their list. I don't know how many times I've told her, she's only confirming it's an active number with someone who will pick up.

She tells me she understands, but continues picking it up every time so the calls just increase and, "she can't understand why it's gotten so bad!!" :rolleyes:

For us, the spammers are spoofing numbers to look like local numbers...so you might think it's a local person or business, but when you answer..."Hi, this is Karen. Thanks you for your recent visit with Hilton Hotels!"

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
For us, the spammers are spoofing numbers to look like local numbers...so you might think it's a local person or business, but when you answer..."Hi, this is Karen. Thanks you for your recent visit with Hilton Hotels!"
Yeah, I get that. That started at least a few years ago where they spoof your local area code (even from places you *use* to live in other states, lol).

FWIW, it's her business line that she picks up because she gets calls from local but unknown numbers regularly on that line. The issue is that it's pretty obvious within 5 to 10 seconds if it's a robo or spam call, and she'll continue to wait on the line after realizing this, in order to be able to scold the real live person who comes on. She doesn't seem to grasp that she just makes it worse by doing this.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Yeah, I get that. That started at least a few years ago where they spoof your local area code (even from places you *use* to live in other states, lol).

FWIW, it's her business line that she picks up because she gets calls from local but unknown numbers regularly on that line. The issue is that it's pretty obvious within 5 to 10 seconds if it's a robo or spam call, and she'll continue to wait on the line after realizing this, in order to be able to scold the real live person who comes on. She doesn't seem to grasp that she just makes it worse by doing this.

yep. It just confirms the number.I THINK I've finally convinced my wife to stop doing that...and to stop "click to unsubscribe" junk emails as well. I HAVEN'T been able to get her to stop trying to block the spoofed phone number of the spammers. She seems to think it works...:rolleyes:

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
they are just farming live email addresses. the idea is that if you "click cancel", reply NO, or be funny and say yes lol one million dollah (insert dr evil face here), then they know that your email address is being used, and can be sold to spam lists.

Reactions: Captante and Pohemi