911 outages nationwide. Microsoft servers down and more

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Remember the E-911 mandate? I thought texting was supposed to be part of that??
The government, specifically the FCC, also mandated that if you put your phone number on the "do not call list", you will not receive unsolicited phone calls. Guess the "when pigs fly" clause escaped most people.

drnickriviera

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
I'd figure there would be some articles on what happened, but i see only one verge article with some guessing. Will this be one of those 1 yr later things where they say, Oh remember that massive outage? Ya we were hacked, but we put in measures to make sure that will never happen again

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I'd figure there would be some articles on what happened, but i see only one verge article with some guessing. Will this be one of those 1 yr later things where they say, Oh remember that massive outage? Ya we were hacked, but we put in measures to make sure that will never happen again
I find it funny that I was recently requested to upgrade my security and provide my cell phone number as part of the process. I was put into some kind a 30 day limbo for some kind of verification process. After 30 days, they required once again the "live" password. Great, your security process is complete. 1 day later this weirdness occurs. I already have OMG and Blue Cross Blue Shield paying for identity theft coverage as it is. OMG has probably expired though.