9 of 12 Park Service advisory board members quit (thats 75%)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Good riddance to them, don't let the door hit them on their way out.

First you say you go to and enjoy national parks then you say by your actions you don't give a rats ass about them. You are just trolling looking to stir shit up. I dont call for banning folks normally but you have zero to offer other than trolling your hate filled immature little childish post. Your probably an over 60 man who hates everything and listens to right wing talk all day. You miserable little man.

Jul 9, 2009
First you say you go to and enjoy national parks then you say by your actions you don't give a rats ass about them. You are just trolling looking to stir shit up. I dont call for banning folks normally but you have zero to offer other than trolling your hate filled immature little childish post. Your probably an over 60 man who hates everything and listens to right wing talk all day. You miserable little man.
I'm going on a 3 or 4 Park tour later this year, the leaving of these political appointees will make no difference what so ever. Why would it?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I'm going on a 3 or 4 Park tour later this year, the leaving of these political appointees will make no difference what so ever. Why would it?

With Zincke running the interior dept you're absolutely correct in way you don't even understand.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
How would any advisory panel improve the make up of our extensive National Park system that our Interior Department could not do as well?

I see you take a number of rather unusual positions. First, it seems you are in favor of banning speech you disagree with. Careful what you wish for here. It is a rapid path to totalitarianism in its many forms. Second, it seems you are age discriminating. This of course is disallowed in jobs but perhaps you are only belittling anyone over 60? Or perhaps just certain "ethnic" people over 60?

At any rate, rather than providing cogent responses to those who disagree with you, your response apparently is to personally attack the individual rather than try to engage (and hopefully) convince them of your position. I have found that just attacking someone rarely gets them over to my side of the argument.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
At any rate, rather than providing cogent responses to those who disagree with you, your response apparently is to personally attack the individual rather than try to engage (and hopefully) convince them of your position. I have found that just attacking someone rarely gets them over to my side of the argument.

I have I have found that Taj will never change his spots and you can only take so much from a professional Troll like Taj, it was due.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Yeh, maybe Trump will appoint one of the Bundys to the board. Maybe some execs from mining, from oil & gas, from logging.

You'll defend him no matter what he does, cuz MAGA & stuff.
Congressional Reps have drafted legislation to pretty much do this, creating Monument Management Boards consisting of welfare ranchers and developers to oversee monuments.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
How would any advisory panel improve the make up of our extensive National Park system that our Interior Department could not do as well?

Seems to have worked well since... 1935. Preserving the Board seems like a pretty conservative thing to do, wouldn't you say? Or are you just caught up in the Trump cult of personality?

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
You haven't presented an argument.
I wasn't trying to convince anyone, simply stating my opinion.

personally, I am not interested in it one way or another other than eliminating advisory boards, consolidating duplicate government agencies, departments, panels regardless of political affliation and so forth is generally a desirable outcome.

Reactions: boomerang

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Seems to have worked well since... 1935. Preserving the Board seems like a pretty conservative thing to do, wouldn't you say? Or are you just caught up in the Trump cult of personality?
I do not know what you mean by Trump cult personality. But my general response to any government panel, board and so forth can be seen in post #43.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

personally, I am not interested in it one way or another other than eliminating advisory boards, consolidating duplicate government agencies, departments, panels regardless of political affliation and so forth is generally a desirable outcome.

Of course. It's easier to rule by decree when nobody has the official standing to influence decisions.

Hail Trump the omniscient!

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Love Canal was such a success they are now working on Franchising it across the US.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Are they a duplicate? We(everybody, even those outside the US) hear claims of removing redundant things from Government all the time, but rarely do Politicians actually show duplication. It's just a Pavlovian talking point meant to justify elimination of Government Services/Bureaucracy regardless of the efficacy of their function.