9/8/11 Steam Weekend Deal: Need For Speed Series 50-75% off, Civilization V 75% off

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Need for Speed Shift $5 75% off
Need for Speed Shift 2 $14.99 50% off
Need for Speed Undercover $2.49 75% off
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit $10.20 66% off

Civilization V $12.50 75% off
Civilization V Deluxe $15 75% off

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I've been waiting for Hot Pursuit to get this cheap. I'll probably get it.

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
And I'm still hestitant to buy it... :'(

Same. At $12 price isn't really a concern, but wondering whether I even want to invest the time? Maybe I'll just play Civ 4 instead, or galCiv 2 which I recently got into again.. Feel like there are too many other quality games I'd rather play

NoWhereM

Oct 15, 2007
Civ V is $12.50 but if you purchase all of the DLC to go with it the game will cost just over $60.00.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Hot Pursuit is OK for ten bucks. Any more and its a ripoff, even if you are a fan of the series.

How are you guys feeling about Civilization 5? Still angry?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I'm in for Undercover. I loved Hot Pursuit, well worth $10. The Shift games don't do anything for me, racing on a track is boring (NASCAR.)

TC91

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2007
Is Shift 2 better than Shift 1 in every way? Wondering if I should get just Shift 2, or possibly both. Probably going to pickup Hot Pursuit as well.

zokudu

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2009
Which NFS is the best deal for someone who doesn't own many racing games?

Firsttime

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2005
Picked up Shift and Hot Pursuit. I've played Shift before, it was pretty decent, worth $5. I'm hoping Hot Pursuit is like the Hot Pursuit games that I played on the PS2. I had a blast with those.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
So I've been playing Hot Pursuit. Singleplayer is OK, but it's a hell of a lot more fun when playing with friends. One of my buddies bought it today too, and we've been doing one-on-one matches, cop vs. criminal. It's a blast. If you want to play, my EA username is lessdan (and my Steam username is lessthandan).

:thumbsdown: It sucks to hear about the mass-leak of Dirt 3 codes. The Dirt series is Codemasters' only good IP right now, the last thing they need is to have it pirated.

finglobes

Dec 13, 2010
Is Civ V better than Civ IV? I never played Civ games until I bought Civ IV on sale. Man that was one lame game graphically - closer to Minesweeper than Half Life (the first one). While the graphics were primitive the game itself seemed overly complicated for the return. Seemed like an older persons game.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Is Civ V better than Civ IV? I never played Civ games until I bought Civ IV on sale. Man that was one lame game graphically - closer to Minesweeper than Half Life (the first one). While the graphics were primitive the game itself seemed overly complicated for the return. Seemed like an older persons game.

This is why we can't have nice things!

kamikazekyle

Feb 23, 2007

<insert not sure if serious meme here>

Weeeelll....um....given your views on Civ 4, 5 might be a bit more tolerable. Some aspects are simplified/changed vice Civ 4 to make it more approachable to newer players, though it still shares similarities to Civ 4. I don't really think it would suit your tastes. The general concensus is that Civ 5 is a step down from Civ 4 at best, and many people consider Civ 4 to be the peak in the series (of course some still prefer Civ 3, etc etc).

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003

If you're joking-Bravo!

If you're serious-Please never play another strategy game again and stick with Madden and CoD.

Ancalagon44

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2010
So I've been playing Hot Pursuit. Singleplayer is OK, but it's a hell of a lot more fun when playing with friends. One of my buddies bought it today too, and we've been doing one-on-one matches, cop vs. criminal. It's a blast. If you want to play, my EA username is lessdan (and my Steam username is lessthandan).

:thumbsdown: It sucks to hear about the mass-leak of Dirt 3 codes. The Dirt series is Codemasters' only good IP right now, the last thing they need is to have it pirated.

I'm pretty sure they would just invalidate all of the codes that were released. So I dont think it will lead to mass piracy. Could be wrong though.

I mean, they still have the original list, so they know what was released. And they hopefully also know which codes have been legitimately redeemed. Put 2 and 2 together, and they should be able to figure out which keys to ban.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
I'll wait for these games to go on sale even cheaper because the upcoming release schedule is basically going to ensure that anything I buy now will never be played.

Red Orchestra 2
Battlefield 3
Batman Arkham City
Rage
Uncharted 3
Skyrim
Mass Effect 3
Hard Reset
Hawken
Tribes Ascend

I know there are more than that besides.... This is a amazing year for gamers.

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010

Most, if not all, of the posts with Dirt3 keys being sold on here are from before the leak and are from AMD card promotions.

All leaked keys have been already banned on Steam and you cannot use them.

As always, be a smart shopper. A 0 rep 0 post user selling 100 Dirt 3 keys for $5 each is surely legit :hmm: