9/18, 1/6 Redux?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
All this pro-insurrectionist rally seems to be is a nationwide publicly broadcasted recruiting drive for pro-Trump anti-gov't groups.

If it were up to me, I'd simply treat the whole affair as a nothingburger distraction that really does not deserve any media coverage at all, well except for the comedic entertainment it would provide: Bunch'a clowns looking for attention, validation, recognition wearing colorful MAGA costumes making asses of themselves, all the usual Trump rally shit.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
At any other time in history, someone like Donald Trump would have been hanged in the public square. And this traitor actually wants to run, for president, again, in 2024 ???
Despite that 70 million who support Trump, and I think it is actually much less today, but despite his supporters and what they might want one thing is plain as plain can be.... Donald Trump must never be allowed near any government office in his remaining lifetime. Period.
America does not allow traitors to run for office let along to run for president. However, we can still hang the traitor in the public square, all we need is a rope.

As far as any threat of this 6/1 redux, do we not have police? And do we not have the military? And are they not hired to protect society against the terrorist? So what's the big deal? Should the insurrectionist try it again, just shoot them. This time, just shoot the insurrectionist and the terrorist dead on the spot. Simply mow then down rat tat tat tat like any free democracy would do when threatened with internal terrorism. Rat tat tat tat, and that will be that.

Reactions: jp7794
Nov 17, 2019
This time, just shoot the insurrectionist and the terrorist dead on the spot. Simply mow then down rat tat tat tat like any free democracy would do when threatened with internal terrorism. Rat tat tat tat, and that will be that.
Yeah Dude, this ain't Tienanmen.

Reactions: feralkid

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
At any other time in history, someone like Donald Trump would have been hanged in the public square. And this traitor actually wants to run, for president, again, in 2024 ???
Despite that 70 million who support Trump, and I think it is actually much less today, but despite his supporters and what they might want one thing is plain as plain can be.... Donald Trump must never be allowed near any government office in his remaining lifetime. Period.
America does not allow traitors to run for office let along to run for president. However, we can still hang the traitor in the public square, all we need is a rope.

As far as any threat of this 6/1 redux, do we not have police? And do we not have the military? And are they not hired to protect society against the terrorist? So what's the big deal? Should the insurrectionist try it again, just shoot them. This time, just shoot the insurrectionist and the terrorist dead on the spot. Simply mow then down rat tat tat tat like any free democracy would do when threatened with internal terrorism. Rat tat tat tat, and that will be that.

Actually as Commander in Chief Trump would face a firing squad and not be hanged. I think he still should.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Let them pour into a seemingly-lightly defended capitol building, racking up charges as they go. The lawmakers won't be there.

Lock them up after that. If there's so many that this might be risky, just surround the building and let them run out of food, racking up yet more charges. Most of them are fat suburbanites, it won't take long. Extra bonus if they start killing and eating each other.

Less pot smokers, more y'all qaeda in prisons sounds like a good trade.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
The news sites where I can even find anything about the actual rally say that attendance was "a few dozen", "insignificant", and "outnumbered by the media and police."

So, all in all, I guess it was nothing but a big nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic
Nov 17, 2019
Has it started, or is it over, or .....

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
The news sites where I can even find anything about the actual rally say that attendance was "a few dozen", "insignificant", and "outnumbered by the media and police."

That was what I expected for the outcome, quite frankly. Even if Trumpists hadn't started claiming it was a trap, people would have to be particularly stupid (even relative to hardcore Trump drones) to cheer for people who obviously violated the law and might have kidnapped or even killed innocent politicians if given the chance.

Reactions: BUTCH1

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
The whole "justice for the J6" idea was fucking laughable, these goon's are all on video attacking police or severely vandalizing the capitol, IMHO ten full years in jail sounds about right, let the next group of asshole know they'll pay dearly for this kind of crap.

Reactions: cytg111

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006

-A Nothingburger, if you will...

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I think Forbes needs a proof reader:

"the January 6 resurrection "
Since trumpanzees view trump as the orange jesus, more likely just a Freudian slip.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
It's looking like more people were arrested for their action on 1/6 than showed up to protest their arrest.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

That’s what you call chicken shits in the south. 😀

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
WTF??? Small turnout?
Well to you Q's out there, that pretty much F@@k's up the October plans for Trump reinstatement. You Q's make a good stink on the internet, but the "in-person" thing you will need to work on. ;)

At this point, if there was another insurrection come October, and the Q's did take over the capitol, I doubt even Donald Trump would show up for his own reinstatement. My Q-niece isn't going to be very happy about today. She was expecting a lot more. :p

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
WTF??? Small turnout?
Well to you Q's out there, that pretty much F@@k's up the October plans for Trump reinstatement. You Q's make a good stink on the internet, but the "in-person" thing you will need to work on. ;)

At this point, if there was another insurrection come October, and the Q's did take over the capitol, I doubt even Donald Trump would show up for his own reinstatement. My Q-niece isn't going to be very happy about today. She was expecting a lot more. :p
Newsweek is trying to spin the low turn out on Trump losing his influence. The problem with that argument is Trump told them not to go because it was a setup. They listened.

Reactions: soundforbjt

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
So much for Meal Team 6 storming the gates, enacting their hit list.

*sad trombone*

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Newsweek is trying to spin the low turn out on Trump losing his influence. The problem with that argument is Trump told them not to go because it was a setup. They listened.
Whoa boy, you have consumed way too much orange Kool-Aid.

Or since a quick google search "trump says don't go to 9/18" only finds where trump thinks it is a setup "to make him look bad" He doesn't give a flying fuck about any fucking idiot that went on 1/6 or would go on 9/18.

You fucking trumapnazees are really a fucking stupid collection of the worst of humanity.

The two biggest shit stains in congress, Madison Cawthorn, and Marjorie Taylor Greene, who were both scheduled to speak cancelled while the orange shit stain played golf in NJ.