9-11 6 years of BS, Lies, Death and out of control spending...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: bamacre
Originally posted by: TastesLikeChicken
It doesn't matter if they were a threat or not. IF Saddam had them, he wasn't supposed to. IF he had them that was reason enough for invasion.

No. No, it wasn't. And many, many people said the same thing before we invaded.
That's great they said that. They were wrong. Plainly and obviously wrong, since we are there.

I think the sane people know who was wrong.
No doubt they do. Bush was wrong too. Sane people actually understand that both sides were wrong because while Saddam didn't have the stockpiles claimed, there were WMDs found. Oh, I know, I know. Somehow even though they are WMDs, they don't count in your eyes and in the eyes of the other pooh-pooh-ers.

But the facts ultimately show both you AND Bush to be wrong. How fvcking amazing is that?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
It doesn't matter if they were a threat or not. IF Saddam had them, he wasn't supposed to. IF he had them that was reason enough for invasion.

That's great they said that. They were wrong. Plainly and obviously wrong, since we are there.

No doubt they do. Bush was wrong too. Sane people actually understand that both sides were wrong because while Saddam didn't have the stockpiles claimed, there were WMDs found. Oh, I know, I know. Somehow even though they are WMDs, they don't count in your eyes and in the eyes of the other pooh-pooh-ers.

But the facts ultimately show both you AND Bush to be wrong. How fvcking amazing is that?

Uhh, how was I wrong? :confused:

I've already stated, three times now, that it didn't matter if Saddam had WMD's or not. The invasion was dumb.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
OK so whats the big deal>>???
All you people are correct to a point!!
You know I have been gone for a few days and nothing ever changes....
WMD`s no WMD`s,,,,,Clinton didn`t fund the military, Clinton did too fubd the military for the level it was needed for those times...
Iraq was a threat...I raq wasn`t a thread...
Saddam was a threat...Saddam wasn`t a threat...
The most intereting statement of all is this---
what does 9/11 have to do with Iraq?
Then we have the Op`s response---
Hahaha, very funny... Ask bush...
Aren`t you the same person who bought all the tin foil hats i was selling last time???

Peace!!

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
What a tool, TLC.

Obviously, you didn't bet the farm on there being WMD's, either, so you're merely engaging in the usual duhversion...
No, I didn't bet either John. Then again, I don't whine constantly about the lack of WMDs either like you and so many others here who have their heads stuck in their...erm...past.

So you didn't have any convictions back then about WMDs and neglected to place any bets. Not surpirsing. It's always easy to talk a big game using 20/20 hindsight.

why not? why aren't you pissed? why aren't you complaining? THIS IS OUR COUNTRY, GODDAMMIT! we need to complain and get adequate answers and apologies from these assholes. we DON'T need some prick in the white house who's too proud to apologize for being wrong and for lying to the country to get us into a war where thousands and thousands of lives were lost.

ben franklin once said that dissent is the highest form of patriotism. obviously, our amazing american fucking government SOMEHOW made a mistake... imagine that. however, instead of getting pissed about it and saying, "no, sorry... this is horseshit... no more lies. no more bullshit. tell us the truth or we're going to get your ass fired. in fact, you've fucked up WAAAAY too much... don't fuck up ever again or your ass is fired," you say, "oh well... hindsight is 20/20... i don't want to bitch about our perfect, beloved country because it's unpatriotic." guess what... the american government sucks balls and it's NOT i who should leave because i don't like it, it's you who should. people like you perpetuate this ridiculous notion that you shouldn't question authority. you HAVE to question authority... those are the principles upon which america was founded.

the past dictates the future... that's why unanswered questions about the past are crucial. in order to get them, you whine. what, do you honestly think that those in power will willingly tell you why they lied and/or why or how they fucked up?

thomas jefferson once said, "experience has shown that even under the best forms of government, those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." what the hell kind of american citizen and patriot are you for being a good little boy and keeping quiet while those who've hijacked this government do whatever they want? "hindsight is 20/20?" what a fucking cop-out! yeah, hindsight's 20/20 and will amount to NOTHING if you don't care to do something about it once you've seen it.

you're a fascist... not a patriot.

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Rainsford
FALSE - the current limits on torture are sufficient and humane[/b]...and not followed all the time. Current limits on interrogation do not allow torture of any sort, no Jack Bauer bullshit under any circumstances.

Are you sure? I doubt that the real codes of interrogation that the CIA and FBI follow prohibit torture of any sort, and in fact I hope that they don't.

We need to be able to torture people, it's sad but it's the truth. If the other side can do something way worse to the person you want info from then you will never get that info.

imported_Shivetya

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: loki8481
what does 9/11 have to do with Iraq? :confused:

Nothing. That's the problem.

it was never a problem when someone else was President... the only difference is the polls did not justify action at the time... and polls are what are supposed to drive Presidencies, right?

Sep 12, 2004

Uhh, how was I wrong? :confused:

I've already stated, three times now, that it didn't matter if Saddam had WMD's or not. The invasion was dumb.
If it didn't matter in your eyes then why were you state:

Well, Rumsfled did say "we know where they are."

Or is that a case of 'WMDs don't matter, but let's ridicule the Bush admin anyway?'

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: eits
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
What a tool, TLC.

Obviously, you didn't bet the farm on there being WMD's, either, so you're merely engaging in the usual duhversion...
No, I didn't bet either John. Then again, I don't whine constantly about the lack of WMDs either like you and so many others here who have their heads stuck in their...erm...past.

So you didn't have any convictions back then about WMDs and neglected to place any bets. Not surpirsing. It's always easy to talk a big game using 20/20 hindsight.

why not? why aren't you pissed? why aren't you complaining? THIS IS OUR COUNTRY, GODDAMMIT! we need to complain and get adequate answers and apologies from these assholes. we DON'T need some prick in the white house who's too proud to apologize for being wrong and for lying to the country to get us into a war where thousands and thousands of lives were lost.

What?

We have to have steadfast conviction in the Oval Office seat.

No Flip-Flopping allowed. That's why Kerry was not elected.

If wrong have to stay wrong no matter what.

Sep 12, 2004
We've gotten some answers. There have been numerous investigations. The problem with people like you is that you didn't get the answer that you wanted hear to confim your preconceived notions and absolute insistence that "Bush lied." But he didn't lie, he was just wrong. Bush claimed Saddam had WMDs just like practically everyone else. That wasn't a belief that the Bush admin forced on us. It was a belief that was widely accepted and had been pushed for years by Democrats, Republicans, and the membership of the UN.

That's why I'm not pissed. It's because, unlike you, I haven't glommed on steadfastly to a claim of "Bush lied," a claim for which all evidence presented up to this point has shown it to be untrue. So don't be pissed that others doin't wear the same blinders that you do and go around making spittle-filled rants to assuage their nearly out-of-control rage.

ben franklin once said that dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
No he didn't say that. I already addressed this in another thread where you posted that quote. Thomas Jefferson did not say it either. Stop spreading lies, you liar.

obviously, our amazing american fucking government SOMEHOW made a mistake... imagine that. however, instead of getting pissed about it and saying, "no, sorry... this is horseshit... no more lies. no more bullshit. tell us the truth or we're going to get your ass fired. in fact, you've fucked up WAAAAY too much... don't fuck up ever again or your ass is fired," you say, "oh well... hindsight is 20/20... i don't want to bitch about our perfect, beloved country because it's unpatriotic." guess what... the american government sucks balls and it's NOT i who should leave because i don't like it, it's you who should. people like you perpetuate this ridiculous notion that you shouldn't question authority. you HAVE to question authority... those are the principles upon which america was founded.

the past dictates the future... that's why unanswered questions about the past are crucial. in order to get them, you whine. what, do you honestly think that those in power will willingly tell you why they lied and/or why or how they fucked up?

thomas jefferson once said, "experience has shown that even under the best forms of government, those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." what the hell kind of american citizen and patriot are you for being a good little boy and keeping quiet while those who've hijacked this government do whatever they want? "hindsight is 20/20?" what a fucking cop-out! yeah, hindsight's 20/20 and will amount to NOTHING if you don't care to do something about it once you've seen it.

TLC once said - "Quoting as an appeal to authority is the lowest form of attempted intellectualism"

And, really, dusting off your trusty old "fascist" label for deployment? I wonder if you even have a clue what a fascist is in the first place? Donesn't seem you do in the slightest.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Right from the start, The Bushco Gang has tried to link Iraq and 9-11...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/06/15/bush.alqaeda/

"President Bush repeated his administration's claim that Iraq was in league with al Qaeda under Saddam Hussein's rule, saying Tuesday that fugitive Islamic militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi ties Saddam to the terrorist network."

"Vice President Dick Cheney, in a speech Monday in Florida, raised eyebrows by reasserting claims that Saddam "had long-established ties with al Qaeda."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...-11_saddam_quotes.html

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Right from the start, The Bushco Gang has tried to link Iraq and 9-11...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/06/15/bush.alqaeda/

"President Bush repeated his administration's claim that Iraq was in league with al Qaeda under Saddam Hussein's rule, saying Tuesday that fugitive Islamic militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi ties Saddam to the terrorist network."

"Vice President Dick Cheney, in a speech Monday in Florida, raised eyebrows by reasserting claims that Saddam "had long-established ties with al Qaeda."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...-11_saddam_quotes.html
The old Phoenix claim.

It gets rebutted, goes down in flames, then somebody comes along a bit later and ressurects it anew from the smoldering ashes.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Rainsford
And as you're right about this not being personal, you'll notice how I've studiously avoided making any snarky comments about contractors, right? :D
DOH!! Well, I'm working toward a GG position every day of my life.... so someday I'll be able to make snide comments about the nasty contractors too! Twenty more years working directly for Uncle Sam sounds good to me!

I really love my job(s)... ;)

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

Or is that a case of 'WMDs don't matter, but let's ridicule the Bush admin anyway?'

WTF? I said that as a response to your question about anyone bettting against Iraq having WMD's.

Your whole stance in this thread appears to be that invading Iraq was a mistake, but one could only know that through hindsight. And that is complete bullshit.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
We've gotten some answers. There have been numerous investigations. The problem with people like you is that you didn't get the answer that you wanted hear to confim your preconceived notions and absolute insistence that "Bush lied." But he didn't lie, he was just wrong. Bush claimed Saddam had WMDs just like practically everyone else. That wasn't a belief that the Bush admin forced on us. It was a belief that was widely accepted and had been pushed for years by Democrats, Republicans, and the membership of the UN.

That's why I'm not pissed. It's because, unlike you, I haven't glommed on steadfastly to a claim of "Bush lied," a claim for which all evidence presented up to this point has shown it to be untrue. So don't be pissed that others doin't wear the same blinders that you do and go around making spittle-filled rants to assuage their nearly out-of-control rage.

No he didn't say that. I already addressed this in another thread where you posted that quote. Thomas Jefferson did not say it either. Stop spreading lies, you liar.

obviously, our amazing american fucking government SOMEHOW made a mistake... imagine that. however, instead of getting pissed about it and saying, "no, sorry... this is horseshit... no more lies. no more bullshit. tell us the truth or we're going to get your ass fired. in fact, you've fucked up WAAAAY too much... don't fuck up ever again or your ass is fired," you say, "oh well... hindsight is 20/20... i don't want to bitch about our perfect, beloved country because it's unpatriotic." guess what... the american government sucks balls and it's NOT i who should leave because i don't like it, it's you who should. people like you perpetuate this ridiculous notion that you shouldn't question authority. you HAVE to question authority... those are the principles upon which america was founded.

TLC once said - "Quoting as an appeal to authority is the lowest form of attempted intellectualism"

And, really, dusting off your trusty old "fascist" label for deployment? I wonder if you even have a clue what a fascist is in the first place? Donesn't seem you do in the slightest.

haha you're delusional

first off, yeah, bush lied. there's no doubt about it. of course you don't believe it because you're delusional.
secondly, i mistyped because it was late... i meant thomas jefferson. the quote's authenticity may be in question, but the message is still true.
thirdly, thomas jefferson DID say the quote about tyranny.
forth, you just insulted yourself by quoting yourself.
fifth, you're more a fascist than a patriot.

Sep 12, 2004

WTF? I said that as a response to your question about anyone bettting against Iraq having WMD's.

Your whole stance in this thread appears to be that invading Iraq was a mistake, but one could only know that through hindsight. And that is complete bullshit.
No. My stance is that if you want to pretend that WMDs were the only justification given for invading Iraq then, in hindsight, the invasion was a mistake. Unfortunately for you and others who harp on WMDs as if they were the only justification given, there is documentation that says otherwise:

http://www.c-span.org/resources/pdf/hjres114.pdf

It was a document that was overwhelmingly approved by US Congress, Republicans and Democrats alike, and provided a plethora of reasons for invading Iraq.

Invading Iraq was not a mistake then and it's not a mistake now.

Sep 12, 2004

haha you're delusional

first off, yeah, bush lied. there's no doubt about it. of course you don't believe it because you're delusional.
secondly, i mistyped because it was late... i meant thomas jefferson. the quote's authenticity may be in question, but the message is still true.
Now you're just posting meaningless reactionary drivel.

Sad.

btw, look up the definition of irony. Apparently it's a foreign term to you.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

haha you're delusional

Are you over the age of 21? And, if so, where did you get your undergrad degree? just curious...

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

No. My stance is that if you want to pretend that WMDs were the only justification given for invading Iraq then, in hindsight, the invasion was a mistake. Unfortunately for you and others who harp on WMDs as if they were the only justification given, there is documentation that says otherwise:

It was a document that was overwhelmingly approved by US Congress, Republicans and Democrats alike, and provided a plethora of reasons for invading Iraq.

Oh wow, you are more delusional than I thought. :Q

I'm just going to step away from this argument now. No sense in my staying.

Jan 9, 2007
Huey Long, a man that certainly knew what he was talking about when discussing government corruption said it very well: When fascism comes to this country, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. Consider the source, however there is a great deal of wisdom in that statement.

Sep 12, 2004

It's not delusional at all. I'm not surprised you don't get it though.

In truth the anti-war crowd aren't defeatists. The are anti-victory. Their worst fear is the future possibility of a stable, secure, democratic Iraq with a burgeoning economy. Having such a thing happen will drive them even closer to the edge of insanity than they are already.

And here's how good I am at predicting things. I predict that if we end up with a stable, secure, democratic Iraq with a burgeoning economy that the anti-war crew will STILL try to spin it as a failure. They will obscufate and deny what is directly in front of thir faces, instead searching desperately for the tiniest crumb of non-perfection that they can claim as a failure. Because no matter what happens, Iraq can never be victorious in their eyes.

Mark my words and save it for the future. I guarantee this will happen.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

In truth the anti-war crowd aren't defeatists. The are anti-victory. Their worst fear is the future possibility of a stable, secure, democratic Iraq with a burgeoning economy. Having such a thing happen will drive them even closer to the edge of insanity than they are already.

And here's how good I am at predicting things. I predict that if we end up with a stable, secure, democratic Iraq with a burgeoning economy that the anti-war crew will STILL try to spin it as a failure. They will obscufate and deny what is directly in front of thir faces, instead searching desperately for the tiniest crumb of non-perfection that they can claim as a failure. Because no matter what happens, Iraq can never be victorious in their eyes.

You predict that Iraq will be a stable, economic burgeoning and secure democracy? What have the Iraqis shown you to give you that much confidence in them?

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

You predict that Iraq will be a stable, economic burgeoning and secure democracy? What have the Iraqis shown you to give you that much confidence in them?
I maintain that it's a distinct possibility, hence my use of the word "if" in my prognostication.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

I maintain that it's a distinct possibility, hence my use of the word "if" in my prognostication.
Yeah that's what I figured, they haven't shown you anything that'd give you that kind of confidence.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Getting hit by a comet is also a distinct possibility, that doesn't mean I should max out my credit cards though.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com

/clap

exactly.