8000 series is a bust, should I skip out?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pedroc1999

Jan 8, 2013
Well, heres i one reason that AMD wil problably release it as 9XXX series...

It just sounds good!

"Hey boys, I just bagged myself a HD9870, Holy Molley is it a beast!"

It doesnt sound near as good as if youd put a 1 instead of a 9...

Jan 13, 2008
oh the next generation is already out? o_O
oh wait no it's not... why don't we wait and see physical cards before we waste our time speculating? :cool:

Except that it's not speculation. The 8xxx series is well documented and mapped out. Which you would realize if you had paid attention reading this thread ;)

Last edited:

Pedroc1999

Jan 8, 2013
I personally think that every manufactorer should have atleast one overkill product - maybe a card with 6gb vram with over 5000 processors or similar ;) ;) ;)

mango123

Sep 1, 2012
Except that it's not speculation. The 8xxx series is well documented and mapped out. Which you would realize if you had paid attention reading this thread ;)

YEAAAAH, and like I said we can see when the benchmarks come in.

As everyone knows there is very little difference in specs between a lot of different cards, but there can be a huge difference in perfomance.

kthx

Jan 13, 2008
YEAAAAH, and like I said we can see when the benchmarks come in.

As everyone knows there is very little difference in specs between a lot of different cards, but there can be a huge difference in perfomance.

kthx

None of the serious posts said anything about performance, only about how some of the 7xxx cards were being rebranded into 8xxx cards. And nobody mentioned anything about benchmarks except you. :rolleyes:

Last edited: