8 is enough

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
8 of what? single-party rule, letting one party trample over Washington in control of the entire government and doing whatever the hell they want while the opposition are too neutered and powerless to provide oversight?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
And in ten years when that kid gets a job and sees what she owes in taxes, she'll be screaming something else. Repeatedly, too.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Originally posted by: QED
Originally posted by: SlingXShot
Even this kid understands!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7v9amC8C_w

This thread and that video are proof that you do not have to be smart to be an Obama supporter-- you only have to have a willingess to blindly repeat what you are told.

you do realize that the kid is just echoing her parents view, don't ya. and you have to be down right stupid to be a McCain supporter.

:D :laugh:

Ninepepper

Aug 31, 2002

This thread and that video are proof that you do not have to be smart to be an Obama supporter-- you only have to have a willingess to blindly repeat what you are told.

Worth Repeating:

America, our work will not be easy. The challenges we face require tough choices. And Democrats, as well as Republicans, will need to cast off the worn-out ideas and politics of the past, for part of what has been lost these past eight years can't just be measured by lost wages or bigger trade deficits. What has also been lost is our sense of common purpose, and that's what we have to restore.

We may not agree on abortion, but surely we can agree on reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies in this country.

The -- the reality of gun ownership may be different for hunters in rural Ohio than they are for those plagued by gang violence in Cleveland, but don't tell me we can't uphold the Second Amendment while keeping AK-47s out of the hands of criminals.

I know there are differences on same-sex marriage, but surely we can agree that our gay and lesbian brothers and sisters deserve to visit the person they love in a hospital and to live lives free of discrimination.

You know, passions may fly on immigration, but I don't know anyone who benefits when a mother is separated from her infant child or an employer undercuts American wages by hiring illegal workers.

But this, too, is part of America's promise, the promise of a democracy where we can find the strength and grace to bridge divides and unite in common effort.

I know there are those who dismiss such beliefs as happy talk. They claim that our insistence on something larger, something firmer, and more honest in our public life is just a Trojan horse for higher taxes and the abandonment of traditional values.

And that's to be expected, because if you don't have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare voters.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: loki8481
8 of what? single-party rule, letting one party trample over Washington in control of the entire government and doing whatever the hell they want while the opposition are too neutered and powerless to provide oversight?

After the last 8 years it's really funny to hear someone portray the (R) party as neutered and powerless. Talk about the schoolyard bully playing the victim card. Sheez...

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
Originally posted by: dawp

you do realize that the kid is just echoing her parents view, don't ya. and you have to be down right stupid to be a McCain supporter.

:D :laugh:

:D

My point (up here)------------->

Your head (way down there)----------->

And thanks for further demonstrating my point. Your obvious lack of reading comprehension and your support of Obama is further proof of it.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: loki8481

After the last 8 years it's really funny to hear someone portray the (R) party as neutered and powerless. Talk about the schoolyard bully playing the victim card. Sheez...

I was referring to the democratic party pre-06 as neutered and powerless... republicans will be in even worse of a position, though, after democrats win the white house and get filibuster-proof majorities in congress.