8-24-04 Kerry Accuses GOP of Campaign "Fear and Smear"

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
8-24-2004 Kerry Accuses GOP of Campaign "Fear and Smear"

Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry accused President Bush's campaign and political allies on Tuesday of conducting a campaign of "fear and smear" to avoid talking about jobs, health care and the war in Iraq.

"You can't lead America by misleading the American people," said Kerry
=============================================

What does he mean you can't??? Bush has been doing that for 4 years :confused:

jjzelinski

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2004
Just think, %99 of lemmings may not know they're being led over a cliff because they're being blinded from it by all the other lemmings.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Seems to be your standard answer to any issue, Galt... from abstinence only sex ed to explosive debt to the Plame outing...

Anything on topic? probably not....

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Although I would much rather have the candidates focus on current issues. This whole Swift Boat thing is a fascinating expose of the candidates to me. Kerry has shown some real backbone, gumption and common sense-all factors I'm looking for in the leader of our country.

I won't pretend I had a very high opinion of this Bush before, but I think his conduct has clearly exposed some very serious character flaws. First, he falls back on the old deniability defense, claiming not to have even seen the SBFT ad. Then he ignores repeated calls from all aspects of the political spectrum to denounce such a petty character assassination, instead calling for both parties to call for an outright ban of nonparty issue ads-like noone else has the right to express a political opinion but the official GOP or Dem parties (some strict constitutionalist he is). I'm sure Bush's handlers are advising him to keep this issue alive, as it puts the heat on Kerry and takes it off Bush's performance as president. Bush has shown himself to be a consummate political operative without a pretense of having any moral code. That's not the sort of character I want in charge of the greatest country in the world.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Thump553
Although I would much rather have the candidates focus on current issues. This whole Swift Boat thing is a fascinating expose of the candidates to me. Kerry has shown some real backbone, gumption and common sense-all factors I'm looking for in the leader of our country.

I won't pretend I had a very high opinion of this Bush before, but I think his conduct has clearly exposed some very serious character flaws. First, he falls back on the old deniability defense, claiming not to have even seen the SBFT ad. Then he ignores repeated calls from all aspects of the political spectrum to denounce such a petty character assassination, instead calling for both parties to call for an outright ban of nonparty issue ads-like noone else has the right to express a political opinion but the official GOP or Dem parties (some strict constitutionalist he is). I'm sure Bush's handlers are advising him to keep this issue alive, as it puts the heat on Kerry and takes it off Bush's performance as president. Bush has shown himself to be a consummate political operative without a pretense of having any moral code. That's not the sort of character I want in charge of the greatest country in the world.

There is no issues, haven't you heard?

Only a question of whether there were bullets flying in the air or not some 30 odd years ago across a canal in the Rice Swamps.

fjord

Feb 18, 2004
The Bush administration has talent for only one thing--and that is lying.

They have lied unashemedly throughout their administration, and they are beyond shame now.

BushCo--Dirty lies is the only way they know.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: fjord
The Bush administration has talent for only one thing--and that is lying.

They have lied unashemedly throughout their administration, and they are beyond shame now.

BushCo--Dirty lies is the only way they know.

That's why he is "The Fearless Liar".

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry accused President Bush's campaign and political allies on Tuesday of conducting a campaign of "fear and smear" to avoid talking about jobs, health care and the war in Iraq.

LOL this from one of the most "misleading" posters on this board...ROFL!! been doing any more creative quote editing lately dave?

lets's see john kerry...a man who wrote misleading reports to get some medals...then when being anti war was popular threw his medals over a fence..only later(when cornered) to admit not really throwing them over the fence but at one time claiming he threw the ribbons instead, then later said he threw someone else medals...then later proudly used them to say to the sheep what a hero he was...is chiding another person about being "misleading"?

ROFL!!!

jjzelinski

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Shad0hawK
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

LOL this from one of the most "misleading" posters on this board...ROFL!! been doing any more creative quote editing lately dave?

lets's see john kerry...a man who wrote misleading reports to get some medals...then when being anti war was popular threw his medals over a fence..only later(when cornered) to admit not really throwing them over the fence but at one time claiming he threw the ribbons instead, then later said he threw someone else medals...then later proudly used them to say to the sheep what a hero he was...is chiding another person about being "misleading"?

ROFL!!!

Let me be clear on what you're saying:

1.) Contrary to what the Navy, his crew members, and the guy who's life he saved says, you, with the powers of omniscience, know Kerry does not deserve the medals he recieved during his tour in Vietnam. You know this because some guy says so, with utterly no evidence to back him, who undoubtedly holds a grudge against Kerry for his outspoken stance against that pointeless war.

2.) Youre upset that Kerry threw his decorations over the fence because he allegedly refered to the counterpart incorrectly, even though there is no difference whatsoever between a medal and a ribbon aside from the occaision they're worn for? That is symantical horse sh1t. WHO CARES?! They represent the same damn thing!

3.) You question whether or not this guy was a war hero, I guess this goes back to point number 1. You're a pretty humble guy considering your omniscience and all. Military+all material evidence+crew mates testimony+guy who says he owe's Kerry his life=0 whereas a group of Vets who claim (not even consistently mind you) differently=teh winnar. Gotcha.

I'm not going to go into the requisite Bush vs. Kerry comparison because it has been beaten to death and is rediculously lopsided.

You're biased against a man because you are blinded by your allegience to your ideology (and I think that's giving you credit.) Bush Inc. is behaving identically to the way they campaigned against McCain. Merit is not an afterthough, is is anethema to the Bush campaign.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
It appears Camp Kerry is now back peddling on his first purple heart, conceding it quite possibly was a unintentional self inflicted wound. A Kerry journal entry written 9 days after his first purple heart incident, he wrote he hadnt been shot at yet.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Sudheer Anne
the sad thing is this is what the Bush campaign is running on. Where are their achievements?

The Bush campaign is backloaded. After the convention there will be a stark difference in offical ads/campaigning from Camp Bush.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
It's funny how Kerry showed all his records to the press and had them interview his doctor, yet because he won't release them they are somehow these guy's Holy Grail. All the answers, all the lies are in those medical records! It shows his plans to fake injuries, fake rescues, fake medals, fake accent, fake hair, etc. The master plan is all in thos medical records!

Yet Bush hasn't released his military medical records either, he just showed them to the press like Kerry. Yet he has his Governor records locked away in his daddies library. Yet Cheney's secret energy commision records are still secret, the list goes on with all the secret Bush stuff, but who cares? Kerry's evil medical records are secret (except to all the media folks who saw them). Bwaahaha (evil laugh).