7970 price increase

UaVaj

Golden Member
Nov 16, 2012
after the titan stupidity. looks like 7970 on newegg is on the rise.

sapphire oc was $365 after MIR.
now is $395 after MIR.

xfx was $380 after MIR.
now is $415 after MIR.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Can't really blame them. The low price didn't make them sell a whole ton more. Might as well get a few more bucks.

EDIT:

Meaning the bundle probably gave them better sales than the actual lower price. They have some killer bundles right now.

Last edited:

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Wow, way to go Nvidia. Oh well, most of us are set for this gen anyways. Its a shame to see prices increase after so long though. First time ever? I think it might be.

KingFatty

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2010
I thought that prices on Newegg (and Amazon etc.) will dynamically change based on demand?

If a lot of people make a "run" by purchasing a product, the price will rise. So maybe it's just a reflection of the masses putting their money where their mouth is?

In other words, I'm assuming that there is not some secret conspiracy by all the different video card vendors to force Newegg to raise prices, or something like that.

KevinH

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2000
I thought that prices on Newegg (and Amazon etc.) will dynamically change based on demand?

If a lot of people make a "run" by purchasing a product, the price will rise. So maybe it's just a reflection of the masses putting their money where their mouth is?

In other words, I'm assuming that there is not some secret conspiracy by all the different video card vendors to force Newegg to raise prices, or something like that.

You are right. Their pricing IS dynamic.

I wouldn't read into that at all. Most likely the AMD bundles are making people order those like crazy.

I know the head of cs at ncix.us and he's telling me they can't even keep certain models of 7x's in stock due to the combination of rebates, AMD bundles etc. It's not Newegg or Amazon granted but it's a testament to how fast some of these cards are flying off the shelves.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Newegg has some sort of system that dynamically accounts for demand and inventory to set prices.

I bought a MSI TF3 7950 a few weeks ago and it was $304.99, a week later it was $344.99 and today it's OOS; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127667

Maybe big jumps today at newegg as people see the Titan reviews and take advantage of the $400 7970 GE with Crysis 3/Bioshock bundle after seeing the alternative for $1000.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
They probably increased because all the people waiting for titan reviews saw them and laughed. Then proceeded to buy 7xxx and gtx6xx cards instead.