Alpha_Male

Aug 29, 2013
I installed a 750ti and looks like it works well, but after the startup it keeps stating

"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key _"

I installed the video card perfectly and removed the other one and this just keeps popping up.
1 other thing. I get pass this by going into the boot menu and exiting.
so, please help.

96Firebird

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2010
Did you accidentally yank on any other wires while installing your 750Ti? Sounds like either the power or SATA cable got pulled out of your HDD (or SSD). Or, in some odd coincidence, your main boot drive got corrupted. Open up your BIOS and see what it says for primary boot device.

Alpha_Male

Aug 29, 2013
I think I had to go into boot menu and select Windows boot manager and that worked?
but i have a feeling i have to keep doing this when start up
press on f2 boot menu and then windows boot manager thing..

96Firebird

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2010
Possibly. If your boot order has the disc drive first, it will check that before moving onto your HDD or SSD. It could have checked the disc for a boot image, and didn't find it, so it gave you the error.

Do you normally have a disc in the drive when booting?

Alpha_Male

Aug 29, 2013
Well, Honestly I had forgotten the disc was inside. So technically the disc has been their for a long time.

Alpha_Male

Aug 29, 2013
Okay I am at windows desktop, but I realized in device manager my computer did not detect the graphics card, but I know the video card is working properly, meaning it's on of course.

Mand

Jan 13, 2014
Have you installed drivers for the new card? What was the previous card, and have you removed its drivers?

Alpha_Male

Aug 29, 2013
I didn't remove any drivers, but I am currently installing the driver for this 750ti, but before that I had an asus graphics card

Mand

Jan 13, 2014
Whether it's Asus or not isn't relevant, was it AMD or Nvidia?

Old drivers are a classic reason for a new card to not function. The drivers for the old card are still there, and they can interfere with the new drivers.

Alpha_Male

Aug 29, 2013
Okay good news guys. I updated the driver and it seems to be working properly. Thanks guys. The booting was just a little mistake. I guess it was asking me which boot option to select. THanks again sorry for wasting your time.

Mand

Jan 13, 2014
Yeah, then you definitely need to remove the AMD drivers. Drivers from different hardware companies tend not to play nicely together.

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
Its never a waste of time if someone learns something, its the whole reasons forums are around and why they are popular. They help the new and old alike.