73% Of AT P&N says Not-Guilty

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Colbert featured some story about a black woman in florida who got 20 years for shooting her gun in the air trying to scare her husband (unsuccessful stand your ground defense). Does this mean that in florida it's okay to shoot darkies, but not at the air? Or can only whitey use it as a defense?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...cter-racial-double-standard-article-1.1399073

She left the house, got a gun, loaded the gun, returned inside the house and fired at her husband.

Life was not in imminent danger.

She committed a crime while firing a gun, state law mandates a minimum sentence. The minimum sentence was probably forced into the law by the same type of anti-gun nutters who are currently storming the capitol after the Zimmerman verdict. This is why you create laws based on logic and reason, not created from emotional sentiments from angry mobs.

If Zimmerman confronted Martin, Martin says "I gonna mess you up!" to which Zimmerman responds "fine, wait right here!" and walks a hundred yards back to his truck, pulls a gun out of his truck, loads it, walks back the hundred yards again and shoots Martin dead, then these cases would be similar enough and prove unfair treatment under the law. Right now all we have is a case of angry-mob-syndrome.

Last edited:

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
I voted not guilty because I looked at the evidence and have no time whatsoever for political correctness or white guilt.

Realize also a lot of these celebs on TV have to toe the line. It's just not an acceptable part of the narrative right now to say that GZ was properly acquitted and that TM was the primary reason he ended up dead. There are very few exceptions to this, very few known personalities at all willing to say the truth as the majority of us see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.