7 days since I had a cigarette or a drink **1 week update***

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
I once lived in flat above a bar. Drunks are not very entertaining at 3:00 am when you are trying to get some sleep.

NetGuySC

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999

I wish ya luck. I have been smoke free since Feb 19th.

At times, I think to myself that I will just smoke on the 19th of each month. But somehow I think this wll turn into everyday of each month.

I would still kill for a cig at times and still like the way cigarettes smell (unbelieveable I know)

But gotta be strong and hope you do too

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
Originally posted by: GoodDad
and I feel great!!!

I still want a smoke really bad. Oh well, that will pass (hopefully)

A buddy of mine and I went out to lunch yesterday to an Irish restaurant here in town. We ordered our diet cokes and food. I forgot that St. Patrick's day was an excuse to drink. Everyone else at the place was ordering Guinness, green beer, black and tans and I heard a guy ordering an irish car bomb. In the hour that we were there I watched a bunch of them go from sober to sloshed, and I was glas I wasnt them.

I am not saying I am never going to drink again, but I not until I have a reason to (maybe my one year anniversary of not smoking??)

Anyways, just wanted to brag a bit :)

There's no point in stopping, you'll die or something unrelated. So go smoke some more, please

Booster

Diamond Member
May 4, 2002
I still want a smoke really bad. Oh well, that will pass (hopefully)

Well I haven't smelled smoke or alcohol in more than 3 moths IIRC. One day I just flat out quit. Don't really know why. Up to that I had been a passionate smoker (even though I only smoked about half a pack a day tops of 1mg lights) and I used to drink beer or whiskey every week or even twice a week. And I was doing that stuff for years and years (ever since I hit about 18).

Now sometimes I still think of having a smoke but I get no... incentive, so to speak. When I go to sleep quite often I get dreams of smoking. Then I wake up in cold sweat, fearing that I accidentally tasted smoke again, and go back to sleep in relief that it was just a nightmare.

I still think of having a drink. Maybe I will have a drink someday again, but for now this seems just so wrong.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
"ooooooh yeah i feel great"
"larry, i'm quitting my company and starting my own, and i feel GREAT"
"steve you're a great guy with great skills and you're gonna do great. waht the hell i'm coming with you"
"hey you're hot and i feel great. let's get married"
"alright but i want lots of kids"
"me too. 500 of them. oooooooooooo"
"yeaaaaaaaah. babies everwheeeeeeeeere"
"heeeeeeey. wahts' up"
"me. i'm up. and i feel great"
"you feel great?"
"yeah reaaaaaally great. go ahead and hit me"
"ooooooooooh."
"oh geez. you do feel great. i just shattered my hand YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHAHAHAH"
"steve this is bill. he owns this place and he's got more money than god"
"i'm filthy rich i'm always tan and i got a great ass too, but my marriage sucks so i hate my life"
"bill i'm steve and i'm marrying a girl just because of her look and we're rushing right into making babies"
"BAAAAAAABIES"
"i got no income because i just quit my job and i don't care cuz i feel greaaaaaaaaat. YEAAAAAAAH"
"YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH'
"YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!~"

nutrigrain-
Feel Great.

pcmodem

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2001
Good luck!

If I remember the statistics, it's commonly during the 2nd or 3rd week that people break down.

The cravings come and people decide to "reward" themselves for making it that far.

Then it falls apart.

Willpower!!!
-PCM

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: GoodDad
1 week, wooohooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your one-week anniversary GoodDad! [non-alcoholic] :beer: [/non-alcoholic]

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Great job. It's really tough and you deserve recognition and thanks.

I would point out though that diet soda is still not that great. I'm not pressuring you to stop drinking it, but you should know that it isn't the save all solution.

Anyway, congrats and good luck.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: XZeroII
Great job. It's really tough and you deserve recognition and thanks.

I would point out though that diet soda is still not that great. I'm not pressuring you to stop drinking it, but you should know that it isn't the save all solution.

Anyway, congrats and good luck.

meh...name one thing that is 100% good for you....

I will take diet pop as a vice over smoking and drinking any day :p