6630M graphics issue (gaming related)

stichy

Dec 24, 2012
Hey guys, I play a game called NR2003 and I'm having a problem with the graphics. I know a game specific question like this one would be best asked elsewhere, but I've already tried multiple NR2003 dedicated forums and I've had no luck in getting my problem resolved.

Here's the problem:

I play the game on my laptop with switchable graphics (it has both the Intel HD Graphics and an AMD Radeon HD 6630M). When I run the game on the Intel HD Graphics, the cars in the game are all very clear. However, when I run the game on the 6630M, the cars are all super blurry. Here's a side-by-side comparison shot:

gfxcomparison.png

This "blurry graphics" problem is well known to the NR2003 community and there are multiple tutorials on how to fix the graphics. However, I've tried every possible fix and nothing is working. The tweaks that other people are doing are related to a "TextureSetSize" line in a core file of the game.

I'm really hoping that there are some experts here that could help me fix this problem (maybe tweaks outside of the game?).

Ice_Dragon

Nov 17, 2011
Wow that's strange. Normally I hear of the AMD Radeon 6630M being far better than the Intel HD graphics (assuming 3000). Could it a memory issue? DDR3 vs. GDDR5?

MisterMac

Sep 16, 2011
Seems more like something driver specific?

And ironic that the quality is on the HD one ;)

stichy

Dec 24, 2012
Wow that's strange. Normally I hear of the AMD Radeon 6630M being far better than the Intel HD graphics (assuming 3000). Could it a memory issue? DDR3 vs. GDDR5?

Yea right now it's either sharp graphics with a low FPS (Intel) or blurry cars with a high FPS (AMD). Oddly enough, when I run the game on the 6630M, it's only the cars that are blurry. The track itself as well as the scenery and track objects are all fine.

Seems more like something driver specific?

And ironic that the quality is on the HD one ;)

Ahh, I should note that the AMD website has no driver updates for the 6630M, and on the Sony website (my laptop is a Sony VAIO) the latest driver update dates back to March 15, 2011. Now I'm thinking I have outdated drivers, but neither AMD or Sony are posting new updates.