600 Kuwaiti Pow's Found, UPDATE, these are not he Kuwaiti POW's

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
CNN just reported they have located the remains of the 600 Kuwaiti POW's Saddam was required to account for in the UN resolutions....

Will toss up a link once one pops up.

Turns out this is just another mass grave of Iraqi's slaughtered by Saddam. I'm sure we will find the missing Kuwaiti's in excellent health soon enough...

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
not sure, but their whereabouts were required disclosure right from the original resolution that led to the pause of the gulf war, not suprisingly, to Kuwait the most important unanswered of that war.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Since I'm sure they didn't die of natural causes I get this feeling in my stomach... like great dislike for that Saddam and his crew... I sure would like to have see a MOAB blow him and his to Allah... or We could have befriended him and led him to the light side... while his ego grew... and grew... and lots of stuff could have been handled alot easier... I think I remember a story about one of our diplomats in Iraq... giving Saddam assurances that we'd not interupt his Kuwaiti plans... a female diplomat... ? in late '90 or so...

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: HJD1
Since I'm sure they didn't die of natural causes I get this feeling in my stomach... like great dislike for that Saddam and his crew... I sure would like to have see a MOAB blow him and his to Allah... or We could have befriended him and led him to the light side... while his ego grew... and grew... and lots of stuff could have been handled alot easier... I think I remember a story about one of our diplomats in Iraq... giving Saddam assurances that we'd not interupt his Kuwaiti plans... a female diplomat... ? in late '90 or so...

HJD1. , sigh, why don't you do even a minimum of research before spreading an old canard such as that?

US Ambassador to Iraq April Glaspie

"In November 1992, Iraq's former deputy prime minister, Tarik Aziz, gave Glaspie some vindication. He said she had not given Iraq a green light. "She just listened and made general comments," he told USA Today. "We knew the United States would have a strong reaction"

Yes, the accounting of the 600 Kuwaitis that Iraq took from Kuwait in the first Gulf war was part of Resolution 1441.

"Deploring also that the Government of Iraq has failed to comply with its commitments pursuant to resolution 687 (1991) with regard to terrorism, pursuant to resolution 688 (1991) to end repression of its civilian population and to provide access by international humanitarian organizations to all those in need of assistance in Iraq, and pursuant to resolutions 686 (1991), 687 (1991), and 1284 (1999) to return or cooperate in accounting for Kuwaiti and third country nationals wrongfully detained by Iraq, or to return Kuwaiti property wrongfully seized by Iraq,

Recalling that in its resolution 687 (1991) the Council declared that a ceasefire would be based on acceptance by Iraq of the provisions of that resolution, including the obligations on Iraq contained therein,

"

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
That's right, HJD1, most have successfully rationalized away the Glaspie green light.

cpumaster

Dec 10, 2000

I don't think it matter much what light US give Saddam, he just want to see what he wanted to see, in this case Green :) of course when it turn out to be red, it's too late, the "police" is already on his tail...

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
That's right, HJD1, most have successfully rationalized away the Glaspie green light.
Having conversations with yourself again moonie? I thought two user accounts was a no-no, or is this a benefit of being an elite member?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Having conversations with yourself again moonie? I thought two user accounts was a no-no, or is this a benefit of being an elite member?
--------------------
Golly jj, I'm almost afraid to answer you in case it gets mistakened for talking to myself. You are me are you not, brilliant, filled with knowledge and intuition, selfless, and dedicated to spreading truth to all? And since you are all those things, why is it so difficult to credit those same traits to others elsewhere. Are you so unique as not to have a twin, aside from me that is?

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: jjones

Golly jj, I'm almost afraid to answer you in case it gets mistakened for talking to myself. You are me are you not, brilliant, filled with knowledge and intuition, selfless, and dedicated to spreading truth to all? And since you are all those things, why is it so difficult to credit those same traits to others elsewhere. Are you so unique as not to have a twin, aside from me that is?[/quote]

I edit to say; oops

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

Etech,

HJD1. , sigh, why don't you do even a minimum of research before spreading an old canard such as that?

What duck?

It never occured to me to research... but, I do appreciate your providing the definitive information on the diplomat that I hardly remembered...

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Etech,

What duck?

It never occured to me to research... but, I do appreciate your providing the definitive information on the diplomat that I hardly remembered...

You are welcome.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Alistar7
CNN just reported they have located the remains of the 600 Kuwaiti POW's Saddam was required to account for in the UN resolutions....

Turns out this is just another mass grave of Iraqi's slaughtered by Saddam. I'm sure we will find the missing Kuwaiti's in excellent health soon enough...

Man, that has got to terribly hard on the families of the missing Kuwatis. First they are kiddnaped durning the war not to be heard of again and now their bodies are found and then it turns out not to be true.

That's rough.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
I have performed the MOONBEAM DUCK TEST and have come to the conclusion that this is the fault of George Bush.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: etech

Man, that has got to terribly hard on the families of the missing Kuwatis. First they are kiddnaped durning the war not to be heard of again and now their bodies are found and then it turns out not to be true.

That's rough.

yet another requirement of UN resolutions against Saddam that was not met...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Ultra Quiet:

I have performed the MOONBEAM DUCK TEST and have come to the conclusion that this is the fault of George Bush.
----------------------------------

I see this in a bunch of threads. Are you sure you don't have parrotonitis rather than duck fever?

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Ultra Quiet:

----------------------------------

I see this in a bunch of threads. Are you sure you don't have parrotonitis rather than duck fever?

Only you can answer that since it is you, O Great One, that I am trying to emulate.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Only you can answer that since it is you, O Great One, that I am trying to emulate.
-------------------------------------
Ah, I see then. You are a know nothing.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Quack, Quack.... quack quack quack, ... Quack!

My duck test turned up geese?
At least I can lube my car...
What with the shortage of oil and all.

Quack?

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
-------------------------------------
Ah, I see then. You are a know nothing.

Pot calling the Kettle.... :D

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Pot calling the Kettle....
-----------
Yup, a reminder that if you want to emulate a nobody, you better be ready to be one.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: etech

That's rough.

yet another requirement of UN resolutions against Saddam that was not met...

No, that was part of 687 I believe and Iraq ignored it. It's sad to think about what happened to those 600 that were kidnapped out of Kuwait never to be seen by their families again. Of course some here would perfer to consider them to be guests of Saddam it seems.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
I thought it was part of the original resoltuion, but I know it was a requirement either way.

I gurantee the families of those 600 could give a crap about finding WMD first......

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Every time a grave site is unearthed the Iraqis mass in and dig looking for their loved ones shoving unrecognized bones away and separating them from potentially identifiable, by other Iraqis families, c=items of clothing and identity cards. These are left blowing in the wind, or out of grief, any old bones are gradded away as the loved one. The grave sites are not being protected by our troups and they should be, with explanation. Heard that information and opinion expressed on NPR. So sad.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Moonbeam,
I think they could put a proper marker on it if they have evidence of its contents by name. The folks could then share with each other their collective grief. Anything is better than rummaging through remains to see if you can find your important person.. Indeed Sad.