6/26 Ron Paul talks about res hr362, war with Iran and energy costs anticipating war

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Ron Paul spoke today on the house floor where he discussed upcoming resolution hr362 which calls for a broad range of very severe sanctions on Iran and even includes prohibiting the international movement of all Iranian officials.

Link.

If this isn't a preclude to war what is?
The bill is expected to easily pass just after the fourth of July.
He also discusses how the energy market is anticipating the upcoming war with Iran.
One of his most disturbing points is that in the past three years the federal reserve has printed four trillion dollars.:Q

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
http://www.govtrack.us/congres...ext.xpd?bill=hc110-362

This is fucked up. And it's a Democrat controlled Congress. And look who sponsored the bill, Gary Ackerman [D-NY].

No wonder Democrats want to clean up Bush's mess in Iraq so quickly, they want to go into Iran, perhaps soon.

Perry, you should make HR 362 the main focus of this thread. Even mentioning Ron Paul will make some people vomit.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: bamacre

Perry, you should make HR 362 the main focus of this thread. Even mentioning Ron Paul will make some people vomit.

Well...people can make it what they want. This is the only man in congress talking about it. I sure don't hear Barack Obama expressing any concern.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I don't hear McCain saying anything about it also. Reason? If they grew a pair of balls they have to take a side and piss off a big wad of people for what side they stood on.

RP is right tho, we are gonna screw with them and for what? Because the Jews want us to go fight another battle ... That's why.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: ericlp
I don't hear McCain saying anything about it also. Reason? If they grew a pair of balls they have to take a side and piss off a big wad of people for what side they stood on.

RP is right tho, we are gonna screw with them and for what? Because the Jews want us to go fight another battle ... That's why.

Damn man why don't you ease up a little. The last thing we need to kick of this thread are the "Jews control the world" theories. I assure you it's a heck of a lot more than just the Jewish lobby that wants this war.
I assure you that the Bog Trotters and Sambos want this war for money & power every bit as much as the Jews. All races are guilty and if you think the Jews alone are to blame you are ignorant.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Perry404
Originally posted by: loki8481
we are not going to war with Iran.

Do you think that HR362 will pass?

I don't think it'll matter... the bill doesn't seem to do anything but "urge" the president to do something.

the president doesn't even read laws sitting in his email in-box.

I think it's part of the game -- convincing Iran that we're prepared to go to war, even though everyone except the tinfoil hat brigade knows that the US will never preemptively go into an all-out war with Iran, especially with the military bogged down in 2 wars already.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

I don't think it'll matter... the bill doesn't seem to do anything but "urge" the president to do something.

I think it's part of the game -- convincing Iran that we're prepared to go to war, even though everyone except the tinfoil hat brigade knows that the US will never preemptively go into an all-out war with Iran, especially with the military bogged down in 2 wars already.

It doesn't need to be an all out war. All that has to happen is for our ships to get tied up in knots and the entanglement starts there.
Of course it'll all be Irans fault and have nothing to do with the fact that we're prompting them and egging them on. All it will take is for the American public to be apathetic and say "that'll never happen"...and it can happen.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

Yeah, I don't think an actual invasion of Iran would happen anytime soon. But the path is being paved. To sanction and isolate Iran in this manner is wrong. There is little to no proof they are building a nuke, and with American troops surrounding their country, I wouldn't blame them for doing so anyway. Even still a nuclear Iran is NO threat to the USA, and looking at what the sanctions did to Iraq, I don't see how any moral person could support this bill and its potential effects.

Sanctions. WMD's. Another country that is zero threat to us. Where in the hell do you think this is going?

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Once again, the one with morals is the lunatic while the liars, murderers and thieves are seen as righteous.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Once again, the one with morals is the lunatic while the liars, murderers and thieves are seen as righteous.

Hey, it's a post 9/11 world we live in.

:disgust:

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Disturbing that even Obama is pounding the war drums@Iran. When was the last time the US had a president who didn't voluntarily attack another country or jump in the middle of another global "conflict"?

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005

Well...people can make it what they want. This is the only man in congress talking about it. I sure don't hear Barack Obama expressing any concern.

Why would he or McCain say anything about it? This is a HOUSE resolution and not a Senate resolution. If/when it is brought up in the Senate and neither of them says a thing in response to it, then you have a beef.

Until then, you can blast Pelosi and every other (D) or (R) that is supporting it in the House.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong

Why would he or McCain say anything about it? This is a HOUSE resolution and not a Senate resolution. If/when it is brought up in the Senate and neither of them says a thing in response to it, then you have a beef.

Until then, you can blast Pelosi and every other (D) or (R) that is supporting it in the House.

uuuuh....because this is a preclude to war and he wants to lead the nation? Maybe?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
uuuuh....because this is a preclude to war and he wants to lead the nation? Maybe?

you're right, this could be a preclude to war.

but it is not a prelude to war.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

you're right, this could be a preclude to war.

but it is not a prelude to war.

That's what many of us are hoping to prevent. Let's hope you're right!

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Looks like all bark, no bite to me. Just toothless bluster.

And it specifically says no military force authorized.

Fern

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Fern

Fern

Ok, then no need for ANY kind of sanctions then. Right? Oh wait, I think Iraq went through this shit too, how many died because of sanctions? Right, those deaths aren't our fault. Well then we INVADE Iraq. Hmmm, nope those deaths aren't our fault either. "Toothless bluster" or "all bark no bite" is only the beginning. I think we should have learned from the last time what steps are taken.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Originally posted by: Fern

Fern

Ok, then no need for ANY kind of sanctions then. Right? Oh wait, I think Iraq went through this shit too, how many died because of sanctions? Right, those deaths aren't our fault. Well then we INVADE Iraq. Hmmm, nope those deaths aren't our fault either. "Toothless bluster" or "all bark no bite" is only the beginning. I think we should have learned from the last time what steps are taken.

Hey there's no need to try to prevent us from bombing Iran until after it's already happened. Talk to me then.