6/1/2007 Desktop Thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 19, 2001
Originally posted by: tenshodo13
Originally posted by: DLeRium
I did a desktop thread less than a month ago and all the screens were XP ones. Now I see a chunk of Vista desktops =P

Text

Can I ask where you got those Icons from? Especially the Drive Capacity Bars.

Oh, the weather and the drive capacity bars are widgets (Yahoo Widgets).

The icons I just searched up Deviantart.

The system icons mostly come from Foood's icons (iconaholic.com). The program icons I just searched up dock icons and if they didn't offer .icos, I converted the pngs to .icos w/ Adobe PS.

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
Originally posted by: tenshodo13
I did a desktop thread less than a month ago and all the screens were XP ones. Now I see a chunk of Vista desktops =P

Text

Can I ask where you got those Icons from? Especially the Drive Capacity Bars.

Oh, the weather and the drive capacity bars are widgets (Yahoo Widgets).

The icons I just searched up Deviantart.

The system icons mostly come from Foood's icons (iconaholic.com). The program icons I just searched up dock icons and if they didn't offer .icos, I converted the pngs to .icos w/ Adobe PS.

Which Yahoo widget are those?

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Anubis
Originally posted by: effowe
Text

IDK if its just teh compression but the blurry/out of focus areas in the front of that image would drive me insane

It's partially the compression, but it is a blurry picture. I put it up there because of the clouds, but I usually have some HDR shot of Chicago.

BTW, anyone know who that chick is in Necine's picture?

Dec 10, 2005

necine

Diamond Member
Jan 25, 2005
Originally posted by: Anubis
Text

IDK if its just teh compression but the blurry/out of focus areas in the front of that image would drive me insane

It's partially the compression, but it is a blurry picture. I put it up there because of the clouds, but I usually have some HDR shot of Chicago.

BTW, anyone know who that chick is in Necine's picture?

Gemma Atkinson.