538 says 90.9% chance Obama wins reelection

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
He's going to get exposed tonight.

If Silver is wrong, he'll learn from his mistakes, analyze the data, and make his model better for 2016. Because that's what scientists do.

Of course, the odds are actually that know-nothing fools like yourself will get exposed tonight, not Silver. And even if you're wrong, you'll learn nothing anyway. Because that's what clueless "pundits" do.

Last edited:

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
How very generous of you!

Colorado is done, Romney
Virginia will be closer Romney still wins.
New Hampshire could go either way.

thing is Obama still has a shot in FL and if he takes Florida its game over.

I don't suspect CO will go Romney but its possible.

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002
Since you're so confident in a Romney win, how much did you put down on him on any of the sites (Intrade, Betfair, etc.)?

The BGOV Barometer shows Obama with a 68 percent chance of victory as of 5 p.m. yesterday. That means it cost $6.80 to win $10 should Obama win. Intrade state-by-state wagering gave Obama at least 281 electoral votes, 11 more than he needs to regain the presidency.

Sounds like an easy place to make some money.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
CNN is starting to call states.

Kentucky: Romney with 4% of the vote counted
Vermont: Obama with 0% of the vote counted

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
So far Nate's projections have been excellent, at least his state ones (I don't care about Senate and haven't paid attention).

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
So far Nate's projections have been excellent, at least his state ones (I don't care about Senate and haven't paid attention).

From what I'm seeing, Virginia may go to Romney; that would be at odds with Silver's forecast. But all his other forecasts appear to be spot on.