50lb Crossbow $8.50+$5.95 Shipping

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bhanson

Golden Member
Jan 16, 2004
Don't want the crossbow but considering picking up some throwing stars...

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
i think i'm going to buy this...just because....can i buy bolts at like sports authority? my shipping is 5.95...

edit: their registration blows for activating a new account. activation link 404d

Last edited:

cheap

Sep 30, 2002
Just so you guys know if you plan on shooting these in your back yard at a target or something make sure you stock up on the darts. I went through 20 or so darts in 5 minutes and only recovered three. Even the darts that hit the target punched through and kept on going until they burried themselves under the grass into dirt. It's a pretty powerfull crossbow and almost every time darts go completely under the lawn at which point you need metal detector to find them and dig them out.

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
Just so you guys know if you plan on shooting these in your back yard at a target or something make sure you stock up on the darts. I went through 20 or so darts in 5 minutes and only recovered three. Even the darts that hit the target punched through and kept on going until they burried themselves under the grass into dirt. It's a pretty powerfull crossbow and almost every time darts go completely under the lawn at which point you need metal detector to find them and dig them out.

thanks for the info, I was actually look at the 40 dollar 100lb one, it comes with a crappy little scope, but has a nice cocking lever.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com

Did it make that cool "Chhhk fwooooooop" sound too?

ahodge

Nov 8, 2004
The site is failing at checkout right now. He's fixing it says it should be good in a couple hours. He is also fixing the tax issue.

Easygoing

Dec 9, 1999
These things are deadly. Very powerful to say the least. The darts are pretty much one use only. Any thing you hit with usually destroys them because they hit so hard. It gets pricey buying new darts all the time.

Nunya

Sep 19, 2001
I was thinking about get the 80lb for me and 50lb for son to have some fun with in the back yard. Those of you who have these, if we're just going to be shooting at some targets I'll make out of wood should I just get the 50lb too?

cheap

Sep 30, 2002
These things are deadly. Very powerful to say the least. The darts are pretty much one use only. Any thing you hit with usually destroys them because they hit so hard. It gets pricey buying new darts all the time.

And even if you miss and the dart lands anywhere within 20 yards from you, it's still a gonner in my experience. Burries itself right under the lawn. So yeah, one time use and very deadly, definitely not a kids toy. One thing I did though was tie a knott on one side of the string and it made the crossbow even more powerfull since string got shorter.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
ok here is the story with these, they are the 99 cent world model i have owned a few in past and a extra string is def needed, also the tips on the side are plastic and you will need more of those, other than that the aluminum arrow will go right through a empty soda can and prob 3" into a person. I have alot of extra aluminum arrows im tempted to buy one too

Nice the plastic tips come with the plastic arrows/ string combo. Super tempting but i bet they are this price forever

(damn couldnt resist bought the 80 pound one with the foot pull.. very handy since the other one is tough to load up one handed for some people

Last edited:

ahodge

Nov 8, 2004
If anyone ended up buying this, have you gotten yours yet? I ordered a couple as well as a few packs of bolts. They advised me yesterday that the orders from the 8th to the 22nd of last month haven't shipped yet. But that they'll be shipping out in "the next day or so". I've asked if its common for them to wait an entire month before shipping our orders. I haven't heard back yet.
I thought I read some feedback from others in this thread that they had ordered from this site before...I don't recall reading that they take a full month to ship orders.

*kjm

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
And even if you miss and the dart lands anywhere within 20 yards from you, it's still a gonner in my experience. Burries itself right under the lawn. So yeah, one time use and very deadly, definitely not a kids toy. One thing I did though was tie a knott on one side of the string and it made the crossbow even more powerfull since string got shorter.

Do the tips unscrew? If so maybe these would work for you.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...udo arrow points&cm_ite=netcon&rid=2146251080
I use them with my bow and they work good.

ahodge

Nov 8, 2004
Response from BK:
Our normal ship time (as stated on the site) is 2-3 weeks, most orders get out faster but since we do a lot of advertising on deals.woot.com we have the site show 2-3 weeks to give us time in case we get rushes of customers (most weekends that deals.woot.com has one of our deals go popular we go from daily sales of 10-20 sales to weekend sales of 1k-2k per day in sales) because of this we have to give ourselves enough time to get all the orders out.

But as I said, your order should be out today or tomorrow most likely and I will send over the tracking when it does.

Thank You,

BK industries

ahodge

Nov 8, 2004

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
All, I'm not sure if anyone has actually gotten anything they ordered from these guys. Here is a link to the BK Industries forum where I included my entire email string of run around.
http://www.bkindustries.net/shop/Boards/Topic.aspx?TopicID=5#15

It looks like I'm not the only one.

http://www.bkindustries.net/shop/Boards/Topic.aspx?TopicID=3

This is a major scam it appears.

Mods, please pin this info if you can so we can perhaps organize everyone from Anandtech that was ripped off.

-Alex

thanks for this. I havent actually placed an order yet, but it still show sup in the shopping cart. haha i was waiting for confirmation that they actually ship.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Hmm, if they are not shipping, I am not buying.