$50 and you are buying a pc game.. what do you get?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xboxist

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2002
Originally posted by: AdamK47
I recently bought $50 worth of games off of Amazon. The Fallout Collection (Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics), Baldur's Gate 2 Collection (Baldur's Gate 2 and expansion), Descent 3, FreeSpace 1, Gothic 2, Manhunt, and Thief 1. These will be added to my collection.

Jeeze... nice collection. I have about 1/20 of that.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: WhipperSnapper

I'd say to wait for mid-November and buy Unreal Tournament III It's the third installment of the greatest online multiplayer first person shooter game of all time. If the past history of the series is any indicator, it's a game that you'll be able to play competitively and online for years. I just edited the Wikipedia description to provide better detail:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal_Tournament_3

Unreal Tournament III will be primarily an online multiplayer first person shooter game offering a variety of game modes, including large-scale Warfare (a revamped version of UT 2004's very successful Onslaught game), Capture-the-Flag, and Deathmatch. Thousands of public servers were (and still are) available for UT99 and UT 2004 and people could easily access them for free (using their Internet connections) and play and compete against other people of widely varying skill levels over the Internet. UT3 is also rumored to include an extensive and worthwhile offline single-player game with a compelling story.

People who are new to the series may be unaware of some of its most crucial and important aspects. Enthusiasts can design (on a computer) their own custom user-made maps and game modes and make them available via free Internet downloads for online multiplayer or single player play, adding tremendous variety and dramatically increasing the game's longevity and replay value. Thousands of custom maps and game-type modifications (mods), many of which are excellent and first-rate, are available for UT99 and UT 2004. Consequently, if Unreal Tournament III is true to form, then enthusiasts will probably create hundreds if not thousands of custom maps and several worthwhile additional game types. Additionally, UT99 and UT 2004 enjoyed having strong and active online communities, including organized competitive leagues with hundreds of organized teams often composed of players who started out as newbies and who met on public servers.

Definitely UT3. I played UT04 online for like 2 years. The user created content keeps you coming back, and the various games (CTF, Deathmatch, etc) make it 10 games in 1.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
I would get Medieval Total War 2, or Gal Civ 2. I think there was also a big D&D game pack that was on sale not too long ago, I don't know if it's still available though.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
Originally posted by: AdamK47
I recently bought $50 worth of games off of Amazon. The Fallout Collection (Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics), Baldur's Gate 2 Collection (Baldur's Gate 2 and expansion), Descent 3, FreeSpace 1, Gothic 2, Manhunt, and Thief 1. These will be added to my collection.

Wow nice - do you have all of those images on your HD?

They are installed onto my RAID-0 array from the original CD/DVD. I have three of these.