5 of my friends hit by a car...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hypn0tik

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2005
I'm really sorry to hear this.

Is there any information as to the mental state of the driver? Was he drunk? Sober? High?

Gamingphreek

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: homercles337
Sorry to hear this.

D00d, you claim to be in college but your english is fail. Epic fail.

You know this thing called tact-- yea you have none of it....

As far as the driver-- I haven't heard anything yet. I'm sure I'll here something today or tomorrow from them about the driver. As much as I want to hate them for what they did, their life is going to be practically over for a long while. Not only that they will have to live with what they have done.

I'll let you guys know if I find anythign else out.

-Kevin

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Sorry to hear about this.

Sounds eerily similar to something that happened in my 'town' recently. Big group got plowed into after leaving a wedding.

BW86

Lifer
Jul 20, 2004
I'm so sorry
rose.gif

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Very sorry to hear about your friends. Hopefully the ones that were injured will pull through fine and be able to mourn for a time and then get on with their lives. I'm sure none of them (or you) will ever be exactly the same again but hopefully you don't let it ruin your lives.

Good luck. And keep us posted on the driver. Was he drunk? Asleep at the wheel? On the phone? Not that it matters but just curious to know.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
That is horrifying.

2 nights ago me and my girlfriend woke up to this tremendous screeching smashing sound right outside our house. I live down a mountain road and some drunk idiot was going way to fast in the rain and smashed through the neighbors fence and almost into their house. He then proceeded to try and make a getaway while the family was watching him after they had run outside to see what happened.
They need to make it a lot harder to get and keep a drivers license. Cars are as dangerous as guns we are just more used to them in every day life so people have become completely desensitized.

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: randomlinh
Originally posted by: Gamingphreek
then he accidentally signed up for a course without a prerequisite and they gave him an honor code violation
WTF?!?!?

But to the point, sorry to hear about this. It is such a damn shame to hear something like this happen. Was this on campus?

WTFQFT. Here they'll (the department, not the Registrar's office) drop the class and send you an e-mail. That's only if the Registrar's office actually lets you add the class.

You and your friends are in my prayers Gamingphreek.

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Your friends are in my prayers man.. You have my support and you can talk to me anytime you feel like you need to.. Sometimes the company of others is the only thing that can help situations like these..

Christian and proud of it.

DigitalCancer

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2004
rose.gif

:(

Its really hard to lose close friends...I lost 2 of mine in high school...one in 10th grade and then the other in 11th grade (I was in the car with him when he was driving and pulled in front of an on-coming truck, hit on his side and killed him instantly, i came out w/ a busted spleen and barely survived due to blood loss) and I still think about both of them a lot. Its really hard to lose close friends like this. My heart goes out to you and the others.

Gamingphreek

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: mrSHEiK124
Originally posted by: randomlinh
Originally posted by: Gamingphreek
then he accidentally signed up for a course without a prerequisite and they gave him an honor code violation
WTF?!?!?

But to the point, sorry to hear about this. It is such a damn shame to hear something like this happen. Was this on campus?

WTFQFT. Here they'll (the department, not the Registrar's office) drop the class and send you an e-mail. That's only if the Registrar's office actually lets you add the class.

You and your friends are in my prayers Gamingphreek.

Thats what I said when he came to me and told me...

I've just been like, "God, I don't know your plan, but why can't you just throw some of the stuff he has been going through on me? The kid has been through so much, all my friends have, and I'm still just sitting here... why can't you let them drop some burden on me" -- It just doesn't seem fair on so many levels.

-Kevin

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
"According to Virginia Tech Police, a group of five students was crossing Duckpond Drive in crosswalk. Four were struck by a car traveling North on Duckpond Drive. "

"The driver of the car, Joshua Sales of Blacksburg, was charged with expired registration and not having insurance. More charges could be files against Sales, who's not a Virginia Tech student."

"Police said alcohol was not a factor in the accident, which is still under investigation."

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=7917666

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/152057

So sorry for your loss.:brokenheart:

Gamingphreek

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Thank you so much for posting that. I had not seen it yet.

Thanks for all the prayers, I can't express how comforting it is.

If I could ask you guys opinion on something I have been struggling with. I have projects and RA Staff things I need to accomplish. Is it wrong of me to ask for an extension-- I feel like I am using this an excuse-- especially since I wasn't directly involved. Do you guys see this as inappropriate on my part or am I just being too hard on myself.

-Kevin

Gamingphreek

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
speeding? icy road? i don't see much detail in the articles..ah well

Road was not icy at all. My friends said the car most definitely wasn't going 25 mph.

-Kevin

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
OMG..... :Q

I cannot even imagine what it would be like to watch someone die like that.

I'm a little confused, though. In the OP, you say that the girl who died is friends with the girlfriend of the guy who broke his leg.

In your second post, you say that it was actually his girlfriend that died.

?

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Originally posted by: Eli
OMG..... :Q

I cannot even imagine what it would be like to watch someone die like that.

I'm a little confused, though. In the OP, you say that the girl who died is friends with the girlfriend of the guy who broke his leg.

In your second post, you say that it was actually his girlfriend that died.

?

Same thing I was wondering about.

Gamingphreek

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Christine- the girl who died was Dan's girlfriend
Dan - was hit full on, like her, and he broke his leg badly

The others have not been named yet in the newspaper so I wont go speaking about it until them, suffered only mild injuries. If I made anything unclear earlier, I apologize-- I'm running on fumes here- I hope I didn't cause any confusion.

-Kevin

Edit: I am sorry for the confusion in the first post. It was early, I had no sleep and was trying to write without disclosing the names yet. Christine was Dan's girlfriend-- she died where she lay before paramedics could get there.

-Kevin

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Oh man...

Unbelievable.

I would want to just fucking die. I can't even imagine. Something like that would just kill me, eat me up.... I'd never be the same again, thats for sure. :(

What were her injuries, do you know?

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Sorry to hear it man, I hope everything works out for those still alive and they don't blame themselves for what happened.

dugweb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
Any word on what exactly what happening to the driver that caused them to plow through 4 human beings ? Ugh, this makes me sick to think about