5 most captivating movie scenes of all-time

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
in no particular order:

1. Contact - Opening scene... simply beautiful... especially when all the sounds stop and your left with a pure visual experience. What an experience, especially at the theatres.

2. Sixth Sense - ending when he realizes the truth.

3. Fightclub - I'm cheating here... lots of powerful scene, but these are 2 of my favorite: 1) when they hold the gun to the store clerks head and made him promise to go back to college. 2) when he realizes the truth about Tyler.

4. Schindler's List - lots here, but i would say one of the most disturbing was when the women were herded into the shower.

5. Heat - shootout at the bank.

Daedalus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
The last scene in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

The little smile that comes over the Terminators face in T2 when he finds that huge weapon stashed. (priceless)

The ending scene in Das Boot as the reporter agonizes over the dead and dying crew after having made it to port.

The scene in Far from the Madding Crowd when the sheepdog runs his flock off the cliff.

Marlon Brando telling Karl Malden he could've been somebody in On the Waterfront.

SirFshAlot

Elite Member
Apr 11, 2000
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
The whole rescue scene by Sir Lancelot.

"You killed the best man!"
"Are you sure?"
"You put your sword right through his head!"
"Oh dear, is he alright?"

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
Great choices, guys. I can't find any I don't agree with. A few I'd like to add:

Tombstone - I'm your huckleberry.

Star Wars - When Ben Kenobi slices that guy up in the bar with his light saber.

American History X = At the end when Edward Furlong gets blown away in the bathroom.

DLC

Jul 18, 2000
Yeah many there are pretty good..

But like Toast said.. Braveheart.. the scene which I always liked was when Mel dies at the end, the rag drops, with all the music and that... its really good. Yeah, and that girl is trying to save his life but cant... yep I liked it alot come to think of it... top movie