5 million Texas Children will receive textbook that whitewashes America's past

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
The Japanese are much better Educated....

That's probably true but the racism still exists.. I've personally lived in Japan and seen racism by Japanese against filipino/ koreans and Americans. Then again it also exists in Texas against Mexicans.

They should just secede and declare Donald Trump President. Be all the happier too for everyone involved.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Oh, there's definitely racists in both parties, republicans are the ones making voter ID laws, etc to help ensure some of those minorities don't get to vote. And I don't believe in a heavily red controlled state like Texas, that it's the democrats editing the textbooks.

I'm white and ffffaaarrr outnumbered by blacks in my area - let me assure you, there are so many I've had to listen to that are more racist than I'll even be that you making the statement that Republicans are the more racist group, when blacks vote for Dems at insane dedicate levels, is borderline insane.

We aren't even getting into the White Guilt morons who are white and are brilliantly racist against their own ethnicity.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
I'm white and ffffaaarrr outnumbered by blacks in my area - let me assure you, there are so many I've had to listen to that are more racist than I'll even be that you making the statement that Republicans are the more racist group, when blacks vote for Dems at insane dedicate levels, is borderline insane.

We aren't even getting into the White Guilt morons who are white and are brilliantly racist against their own ethnicity.

I say we have a lottery and give 200 million immigrant visas each to people from India, China, Philippines and Mexico.

That should just about fix our racial problems as there will be no more clear majority anymore.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
That's probably true but the racism still exists.. I've personally lived in Japan and seen racism by Japanese against filipino/ koreans and Americans. Then again it also exists in Texas against Mexicans.

They should just secede and declare Donald Trump President. Be all the happier too for everyone involved.

Ya, they are a very insular society. The biggest difference is that they are not an Immigrant Society/Nation. Although, given their Birth Rates they may need to become one. I suspect if they do it will be a worse transition than what Europe is going through.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I say we have a lottery and give 200 million immigrant visas each to people from India, China, Philippines and Mexico.

That should just about fix our racial problems as there will be no more clear majority anymore.

Not really, all of those cultures are racist as f*ck too. When I walk into the local 7-11 the Indians behind the counter nod at me and pay me no more attention. When a black person walks in, they're actively and unashamedly watching them the entire time. At the local marathon, the Pakistanis do the same thing. Racist? I don't know too many Mex shop owners so can't say for sure what'd they do, but, the Mex I know, while very respectful people, are just as racist as I am.

And we've already got enough illegal invaders from Mexico, you can take them off your list, we're well into the tens of millions there.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

How many republicans compared to blacks in this country? Why do you suppose blacks vote dem vs repub? Please don't say "free stuff".

How many laws have blacks/minorities passed attempting to restrict the voting rights of whites?

Republicans as a whole may not be that much more racist, but when some of their leaders are and they don't smack them down for it, they create that stereotype.

Last edited:

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
How many republicans compared to blacks in this country?

How many racist Reps compared to how many racist blacks (which is basically every black I even casually know)? Good question. Not sure.

Why do you suppose blacks vote dem vs repub? Please don't say "free stuff".

Dems play on those heart strings baby, they 'feel their pain', trot out some bennies and jobs (well, just a few, not too many now), and need to keep the white and well off demonization media thing going as much as possible to keep that indoctrination going. As to why blacks keep voting for Dem instead of forming their own party which would actually represent them, I really can't say. I can't think of a single group (Dem) that has more sold out who it purports to represent (blacks, low income US citizens). You'd think blacks would realize Dems are f*cking them with scraps and stringing them along, but, Nope...they just keep on voting for them. It's like Reps who place a high priority on their country/state living within its means and then voting for Reps with a track record of not doing that (despite throwing out the 'fiscally responsible' 'reign in Big Gov' crumbs while campaigning).

How many laws have blacks/minorities passed attempting to restrict the voting rights of whites?

How many minorities are in the position to get those laws passed? None? What does that have to do with saying Republicans are the most racist group? Nothing? Not that I don't think Reps haven't f*cked with voting (as have Dems), but asking for a free Voter/State ID (if that's what you're suggesting by 'attempting') isn't restricting anyone at all. Sorry, if a Mexican can cross 1000 miles of country they don't belong in an get a job, a US Citizen that has been here their entire decades of adult life and views their vote as important can take the time to get their free ID. If you're talking about something else then you'll have to be specific.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
How many racist Reps compared to how many racist blacks (which is basically every black I even casually know)? Good question. Not sure.

Dems play on those heart strings baby, they 'feel their pain', trot out some bennies and jobs (well, just a few, not too many now), and need to keep the white and well off demonization media thing going as much as possible to keep that indoctrination going. As to why blacks keep voting for Dem instead of forming their own party which would actually represent them, I really can't say. I can't think of a single group (Dem) that has more sold out who it purports to represent (blacks, low income US citizens). You'd think blacks would realize Dems are f*cking them with scraps and stringing them along, but, Nope...they just keep on voting for them. It's like Reps who place a high priority on their country/state living within its means and then voting for Reps with a track record of not doing that (despite throwing out the 'fiscally responsible' 'reign in Big Gov' crumbs while campaigning).

How many minorities are in the position to get those laws passed? None? What does that have to do with saying Republicans are the most racist group? Nothing? Not that I don't think Reps haven't f*cked with voting (as have Dems), but asking for a free Voter/State ID (if that's what you're suggesting by 'attempting') isn't restricting anyone at all. Sorry, if a Mexican can cross 1000 miles of country they don't belong in an get a job, a US Citizen that has been here their entire decades of adult life and views their vote as important can take the time to get their free ID. If you're talking about something else then you'll have to be specific.

So, you said "free stuff" anyway, ok what has the repubs offered the blacks/minorities to win their support?

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
I thought this was the dumbest post in this thread..

The textbooks should show how Republicans fought to end slavery and how fiercely Democrats fought against civil rights for blacks. People need to know that it was Democrats who gave us the KKK and Jim Crow laws and that their beloved FDR's New Deal screwed blacks and how he didn't lift a finger to stop the lynchings. And they need to know how LBJ won over blacks to vote for Democrats the next 200 years. People need to know these things.

Southern Democrats were the worst thing that ever happened to the Republican Party.

But then this one came along..

The people who post in this forum never fail to amaze me.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
So, you said "free stuff" anyway, ok what has the repubs offered the blacks/minorities to win their support?

What I'm saying is when you tell someone from birth to when they can reasonably be making their own judgments (late teens to early 20's) that such and such is the devil and hates you, that that person is probably going to assume that regardless if any of those 'devils' actually hate him/try to F him over. You can just apply that to Hollywood, very large %'s of the media, Dems, and minorities when they look at white people and/or Reps. If you don't think a black kid growing up in black society that is racist against whites, latinos, and Asians, all the while Hollywood and the media are doing their best to reinforce his black society viewpoint, and then along comes the Dem politicians promising 'hope and change' and 'I feeeeel your pain', isn't going to color (no pun intended) that black (now) mans opinions perceptions and viewpoints, I really don't know what to tell you.

What I do know (not think, not some study, but actually time and time again have directly and indirectly experienced) is that blacks are an entirely racist group and are racist as individuals. There is literally zero question here. None. Anyone making the case otherwise either has a massive case of White Guilt/Bleeding Heart going if they're white, is completely delusional if they're black, and/or has gone so completely Politically Correct overboard they should go seek employment at NPR (where their White Guilt/Bleeding Heart will fit right on in).

The other thing I know is, if I were black, I'd be far less worried about those evil white racist Rep devils who wake up every morning and actively and intentionally try and F only minorities over, than I would be the party I give 90%+ of my vote to every election without fail, but who cannot literally trip over itself fast enough to let 10's of millions of illegal invaders into the country to directly take/compete with me when I'm a demographic that needs all the help I can get. I cannot imagine how blacks square the half-hearted reach around scraps Dems see fit to throw them in the way of bennies/intentionally badly administered social programs while blacks watch Dems get on their political knees and blow that fast increasing latino voting block. I mean, seriously, is that not the largest WTF ever?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
meh. i don't think the KKK is a pivital part of history. a footnote if nothing more. the jim crow laws though should be in it. they were nothing more then a way to continue to keep the blacks down.

I think part of the problem is how much they have to cover in a short time. stuff is going to be left out.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I thought this was the dumbest post in this thread..

But then this one came along..

The people who post in this forum never fail to amaze me.

Oh boy, I'm just crushed. Maybe we could resurrect the 17 year old thug thread and you can post more winnars in there? :whiste:

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
What I'm saying is when you tell someone from birth to when they can reasonably be making their own judgments (late teens to early 20's) that such and such is the devil and hates you, that that person is probably going to assume that regardless if any of those 'devils' actually hate him/try to F him over. You can just apply that to Hollywood, very large %'s of the media, Dems, and minorities when they look at white people and/or Reps. If you don't think a black kid growing up in black society that is racist against whites, latinos, and Asians, all the while Hollywood and the media are doing their best to reinforce his black society viewpoint, and then along comes the Dem politicians promising 'hope and change' and 'I feeeeel your pain', isn't going to color (no pun intended) that black (now) mans opinions perceptions and viewpoints, I really don't know what to tell you.

What I do know (not think, not some study, but actually time and time again have directly and indirectly experienced) is that blacks are an entirely racist group and are racist as individuals. There is literally zero question here. None. Anyone making the case otherwise either has a massive case of White Guilt/Bleeding Heart going if they're white, is completely delusional if they're black, and/or has gone so completely Politically Correct overboard they should go seek employment at NPR (where their White Guilt/Bleeding Heart will fit right on in).

The other thing I know is, if I were black, I'd be far less worried about those evil white racist Rep devils who wake up every morning and actively and intentionally try and F only minorities over, than I would be the party I give 90%+ of my vote to every election without fail, but who cannot literally trip over itself fast enough to let 10's of millions of illegal invaders into the country to directly take/compete with me when I'm a demographic that needs all the help I can get. I cannot imagine how blacks square the half-hearted reach around scraps Dems see fit to throw them in the way of bennies/intentionally badly administered social programs while blacks watch Dems get on their political knees and blow that fast increasing latino voting block. I mean, seriously, is that not the largest WTF ever?

Are you saying blacks should vote republican because they'll keep illegals out and that will somehow help the blacks? I doubt blacks want to pick crops anymore than they used to.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Oh boy, I'm just crushed. Maybe we could resurrect the 17 year old thug thread and you can post more winnars in there? :whiste:

Your post was asinine. Not even worthy of correction or debate; just scorn.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Did they have slaves in Texas?

I think too many people focus too much time on slavery. I could sum it up in a few pages. The one per center's of their day had slaves. Slavery was prominent from President Washington at Mt Vernon to the deep south. Then we had the civil ware and slavery was abolished so the North could win the war. We have been arguing since then. End of story.

I lived in Texas for a while. What you had to be careful of is walking into a Mexican bar and getting yourself killed. For the most part I never saw any racism in Texas. However, I have not been there since about 1980's. Probably a bit different now. Mostly I lived in Military barracks at Ft Bliss area near El Paso. Fun in the sun and the sand.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2006
And by free stuff, you mean the right for blacks to vote in the south.

You're disgusting, and am imbecile.
It seems that you know little to nothing about history and, as such, have zero room to call anyone an imbecile. I'm talking about his Great Society, you fucking idiot.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Are you saying blacks should vote republican because they'll keep illegals out and that will somehow help the blacks? I doubt blacks want to pick crops anymore than they used to.

WTF?! No, why would you even think I'd think that??? Reps Pols want those illegals in the country just as much as the Dem Pols, so blacks switching their voting allegiance for that reason would be pointless.

Blacks should just form their own political party, one that will actually represent them. Dems sure aren't, why not try something new?