5/17/12 Steam: Ubisoft Weekend 33% off all their games, New deals everyday

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Decided to hold off on Revelations for now. Still have to beat Brotherhood, and I suspect that won't happen until at least around the Steam Summer Sale. Figure Revelations will go back on sale then.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Awesome!

Question for Anno players: Is the Eden Project World Event a single player mission? Seems that some of the DLC is for items that would unlike after completing the event. I would rather complete the missions, if single player, and earn the DLC rather than pay for them. If the Event is multiplayer, however, I will probably just buy them.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Hmm... probably should have jumped on Revelations. Might need to get through it before AC3 in october.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Well, got Anno and some DLC. Seems like a good game, except for the multiple crashes I've had.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Picked up ACII for $4.99......all because of this thread. I don't normally pay attention to the store, opting to just log right into my Steam library.

So Kaotik, Steam owes you another referral fee (and I know I'm not the first!).

Homer Simpson

Oct 10, 1999
picked up ac2 and ac2brotherhood. i already have ac2 on ps3 but i never finished it for some reason and its been so long i need to start over anyway. so far im not terribly impressed with the pc port. mouse seems to have acceleration enabled and no way to turn off. plus the onscreen tips for pressing keys do no tell you the actual keyboard/mouse button to press, it shows the colored xbox button. not a real helpful tutorial. so i switched to my 360 controller only to find that the wireless 360 controller does not work! wtf? how does ubi mess that up? found some hacks to make it work. if anyone else cares, you can install a couple files that are linked on the steam forums, or if you have a wired 360 controller you can plug that in, select it in game and the wireless controller will then work fine.

so my main motivation for picking it up on pc was m/kb controller support but it seems that it sucks. oh well. ill still play through it. hope brotherhood is better but i dont have high hopes.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I didn't have any trouble getting my wireless 360 controller to work with AC at least, have yet to touch AC2 though so can't say if it's changed.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2007
I got AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations. Only tried AC2 so far. I didn't have any trouble getting the 360 controller to sync, but the buttons are bound differently than the default on the 360/PS3, and the lack of calling the buttons by their name makes it really hard to rebind things properly. I mean, wtf does binding Button 0 to Feet even mean? It definitely could have been improved in that area, but for $5, I'm not too bothered by it.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Picked up ACII for $4.99......all because of this thread. I don't normally pay attention to the store, opting to just log right into my Steam library.

So Kaotik, Steam owes you another referral fee (and I know I'm not the first!).

lol, it would be nice if they had some type of referral system, glad I could help though :p

Homer Simpson

Oct 10, 1999
I got AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations. Only tried AC2 so far. I didn't have any trouble getting the 360 controller to sync, but the buttons are bound differently than the default on the 360/PS3, and the lack of calling the buttons by their name makes it really hard to rebind things properly. I mean, wtf does binding Button 0 to Feet even mean? It definitely could have been improved in that area, but for $5, I'm not too bothered by it.

i should clarify, that the wireless will "work" but is all jacked up. apparently the triggers cant be mapped or something. there is a thread in the steam forums about it. i dont recall the details offhand, just that it was easy enough to correct and mind-boggling that ubi never patched it. if you do the community fix or use a wired controller, the buttons all work correctly and matches up to what the game shows onscreen.

Feb 6, 2007
i should clarify, that the wireless will "work" but is all jacked up. apparently the triggers cant be mapped or something. there is a thread in the steam forums about it. i dont recall the details offhand, just that it was easy enough to correct and mind-boggling that ubi never patched it. if you do the community fix or use a wired controller, the buttons all work correctly and matches up to what the game shows onscreen.
Is that only for AC2 or for all of them? I don't want to spend 15 minutes trying to figure out which buttons do what to get them properly mapped in every game.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Is that only for AC2 or for all of them? I don't want to spend 15 minutes trying to figure out which buttons do what to get them properly mapped in every game.

My understanding is that it's for AC and ACII. Ubi just didn't map them correctly. I believe that after ACII, Ubi finally got off their asses and fixed things. I know the rumble feature doesn't work in AC and ACII, nor the triggers.

It's all jacked up when you first connect a wireless controller. X button isn't X button, Y isn't Y, etc. You have to go into settings and map correctly. And you still can't get the triggers to work. But the bumpers work, so I use those instead.

However, I haven't looked at the solution posted in the Steam forums, so maybe there is a better solution there. All I did was manually set up everything in the controller configuration area of the game.

Feb 6, 2007
My understanding is that it's for AC and ACII. Ubi just didn't map them correctly. I believe that after ACII, Ubi finally got off their asses and fixed things. I know the rumble feature doesn't work in AC and ACII, nor the triggers.

It's all jacked up when you first connect a wireless controller. X button isn't X button, Y isn't Y, etc. You have to go into settings and map correctly. And you still can't get the triggers to work. But the bumpers work, so I use those instead.

However, I haven't looked at the solution posted in the Steam forums, so maybe there is a better solution there. All I did was manually set up everything in the controller configuration area of the game.
What a monstrous pain in the ass. Glad I already played through AC2 a few times on PS3. I only picked it up cause it was $5 and why not?

Homer Simpson

Oct 10, 1999

yeah, thats the issue by default with the wireless controller. there's a couple files you can use to correct it, keep a wired 360 plugged in or just use the wired 360 instead and its all good. if not, the controls make no sense without fiddling with them. even then the kb/m controls never show onscreen in the tips so unless you memorize the mappings, kb/m is a pita. it wasnt worth my effort especially since i couldnt turn off acceleration. having played ac1 and some of ac2 on ps3 before, the gamepad controls came back to me pretty quick.