EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
it was released in february right? in 3 months already 50%

im saying at least 66% in summar sale

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I was hesitant at first, but I took the plunge and bought Alan Wake on release a few months ago. The game far exceeded my expectations. Totally worth $15... you'll probably get 15 hours worth of entertainment out of it, with the included DLC (which is included in both versions of the game, mind you; no need to get the collector's edition). I got about 12 hours of gameplay without doing the DLC chapters.

If you're looking for a very story-driven, dialogue-heavy, atmospheric, action-adventure game with a Stephen King/Twin Peaks vibe to it, then grab it. I'll be pre-ordering the new "American Nightmare" expansion because of the positive experience I had with the first.

I have a ton of games on GoG, but I'm a Steam whore at heart :wub:

Hahah don't worry KaOTiK, I'm in the same boat. I love GOG, but I love the service Steam provides even better. So Steam it is for me. :)

Edit: If you already own Alan Wake, you get the expansion an extra 15% off! That's what I call service.

Last edited:

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
Maybe I will get Portal 2 now. This seems like a fair price for it.

I will also get Alan Wake, but will get it through GoG instead, so I don't have to worry about where I install it and can just keep a copy of the installation files on my HD for future use if needed.

Feb 6, 2007
Definitely picking up Portal 2 on this deal. Been meaning to a long time but just haven't gotten around to it.

As for Alan Wake, I watched my buddy play it on console, and it seemed pretty good; very atmospheric and all about driving along an intense story. Don't know that it's necessarily my cup of tea but at $15, it's probably worth the plunge. Seems like a great game to play late at night in a dark room. It didn't seem like it was necessarily "scary," just creepy and mysterious.

-EDIT- Just got home, decided to pull the trigger on both.

Last edited:

Ricochet

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Anomaly: Warzone Earth $3.39

Edit: Ok, I see it mentioned in other thread (Daily Deal). N/M.

Last edited:

bigsnyder

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2004
I am being slow here, what does the Alan Wake Collector's Edition have that the regular one doesn't? Is it just the videos, PDF book, and soundtrack?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I am being slow here, what does the Alan Wake Collector's Edition have that the regular one doesn't? Is it just the videos, PDF book, and soundtrack?

That's what it said in the description.

Haven't compared that to gog.com's extras.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Just saw there's a standalone expansion to Alan Wake coming on May 22 - pre-order for $11.24 on gog.com if you have Alan Wake, not sure on Steam pricing.

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
people who bought portal 2 DONT play the coop!! play it with me so i can unlock a pretty damn hard achievement!! (its to play the tutorial coop with someone who has not played it before)

so dont play it!! i got it at the previous sale, great game, its worth 15-20hs with the sp coop, but now with the map editor im sure there will be more hours of fun with it.

anyway, add me to steam so i can "walk you through" the coop tutorial for the achievement plz!! (steam: edusan)

edit: oh, and btw i bought alan wake, always wanted to play it... played the 1st 20 minutes and now i remembered why i never play scary games...damn why the hell did i buy it??!?!?! fucking sale made me buy a game im scared to play...

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
Got Portal 2 from Steam and Alan Wake from GoG last night. I still can't believe that Alan Wake was released on GoG already, but I am not going to complain. I am glad to see new PC releases come out on that service.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
I playe through the first two episodes of Alan Wake last night (well, almost - I got stuck on what I think is the end boss of ep 2), and this game definitley has my seal of approval.

It has some cheesy aspects, but I'd put them all in the "good cheesy" category, and the heart of the game - sneaking around a dark forest fending off phantoms - is really tight. It takes so much to get me into a game anymore, an AW did a pretty good job of compelling me to continue. I give the developers a gold star for balance: the game is neither too easy or too frustrating for me. It's just right.

The graphics look great to me, but unfortunately eyefinity is out of the question on my 5970 - it's a slide show.

To those who bought it on gog: how do the saves work? The Steam version seems to save to the Steam cloud only.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I playe through the first two episodes of Alan Wake last night (well, almost - I got stuck on what I think is the end boss of ep 2), and this game definitley has my seal of approval.

It has some cheesy aspects, but I'd put them all in the "good cheesy" category, and the heart of the game - sneaking around a dark forest fending off phantoms - is really tight. It takes so much to get me into a game anymore, an AW did a pretty good job of compelling me to continue. I give the developers a gold star for balance: the game is neither too easy or too frustrating for me. It's just right.

Yeah, I was fond of it too. The only problem is that it does get a little repetitive; I really think you're only intended to play one episode a day.

The first two episodes I played back-to-back because of how short they are, but they become significantly longer. Like nearly two hours per episode. Playing more than one episode at a time is a bit lofty... there's only so much running through the woods dodging shadow-monsters that I can handle. :)