4S issues with iOS 6

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
I updated my 4S to iOS 6 on release day and I've been experiencing two problems. Neither of them make my phone unusable by any means, but they're pretty annoying nonetheless.

#1 - General slowness. I since the update, my 4S has been significantly slower. I did a soft reset about two weeks ago which seemed to have fixed it, but within the past few days it's gone back to freezing randomly and slowing down.

#2 - MMS messages (photos, specifically) fail to send. Again, not a problem that happens all of the time, but enough to be annoying. I'll send a photo to someone and I'll get no errors in Messages, but people will sometimes just simply not get the message; not in a couple hours, not in a couple days, nothing.

Has anyone else experienced these? Are there any good solutions? My Google-fu is failing me today.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
I've noticed some slow downs, particularly with messages. Sometimes it takes several moments for the messages to pop up. I'm on a iPhone 4 though, so I'm sure its much slower than the 4S.

JavaMomma

Oct 19, 2000
No slow down that I noticed at all, OS still seems snappy and fast. Maybe the lock screen after I enter my password is a little slower? But that might be because I switched to a long length password rather then 4 numbers, not sure, never gave it any thought.

tokie

Golden Member
Jun 1, 2006
I've noticed battery suckage.

In iOS 5, when I put it into airplane mode overnight I would lose maybe 1% battery.

In iOS 6, I lose like 20% battery in airplane mode overnight.

Not cool.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
Seems to be a common problem when Apple rolls out a new OS. iOS 5 had the exact same issues, as did iOS 4. It always seems to affect a large chunk of users but never everyone.

I agree with doing clean installs. It's too bad Apple blocked letting people roll back the OS. Even worse when they release a crappy "upgrade".

Syrome

Oct 15, 2012
I have also experienced this issue before with previous versions of iOS. It only affects certain people I guess but I haven't seen this issue since iOS 4. Good Luck though.