4GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair for $59.99 + $1.99 Shipping after Rebate at Fry's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terzo

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2005
Great price. It's nice to see memory prices are falling back to reasonable levels.

russw

Golden Member
Oct 13, 1999
Just so people know these are the 1.65 volt DIMMS and not the the JEDEC standard of 1.5V. This may make a difference to some builders, depending on their motherboards.
I guess I was under the mistaken impression that 1.65v was part of the JEDEC std.

SolidSnake42

Feb 9, 2010
From person experience, I'd be careful with these sticks. They ran fine for about 6 months then the memory usage started leaking like crazy on my desktop and even had failures when running MemTest. These are probably one of the few lower quality products from Corsair. If you do get a great set, kudos for you, and for this price, it's a real bargain.

SOSTrooper

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2001
From person experience, I'd be careful with these sticks. They ran fine for about 6 months then the memory usage started leaking like crazy on my desktop and even had failures when running MemTest. These are probably one of the few lower quality products from Corsair. If you do get a great set, kudos for you, and for this price, it's a real bargain.

Good to know, I'll take my chances on these. Planning to run them on secondary computer so not a big deal if I hit some brick walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.