4Chan made the BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsv

Golden Member
Dec 18, 2009
that site has made it into the news a million times, it's popular and on the internet, duh...

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
well written but a notable lack of how the site is filled with newfags posting their tiny cocks asking for other newfags to rate them.

lsv

Golden Member
Dec 18, 2009
wonder how much more this will catch on in the media

It's practically main stream now. Look at all the movies with nerdy loser heroes which have far too many internet/nerd/geek whatever references.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Although I never actually go to the site, I do find what they do to be amusing. Sure, there are probably some people there who are truly messed up, but most of them are fairly normal people. My old roommate used to browse /b/ all the time, and he was completely normal. (social, good looking girlfriend, good job, etc...)

As much as most of the content on the site disgusts me, I do think places like 4chan are needed to keep pushing the boundaries of free speech. There are plenty of people trying to take our freedoms one step at a time.

4chan is just one example. Fred Phelps for instance. I would love to see him die in a horrific car accident, but I don't think he should be prevented from doing what he does. The mosque "at" ground zero is another example. Do I personally like the idea? Not necessarily. I don't think anyone should have a say in it though. It is protected by freedom of religion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.