4890 Crossfire problem with CCC 11.5

cprice

May 23, 2011
Hello,

I've searched far and wide, but cannot find an answer/solution for this issue (sorry for this long post):

I'm running two ATI 4890 cards, linked for crossfire - which has been working for the past couple years. I also use Win 7 64-bit.

After updating the Catalyst Control Center (CCC) to version 11.5, it will not allow me to enable crossfire. (Catalyst A.I. is set to standard.)

When I open the CCC hardware info, it shows both cards, but states the second is disabled. I've checked the box to enable crossfire, but after hitting apply, the check disappears and crossfire is still not enabled.

Good news is it allows World of Warcraft to run DirectX 11 setting (and it runs MUCH better than it did before). If I revert to earlier version (10.9), then crossfire works, but WOW won't run DirectX 11 (will only run 9). [Likewise, my glassy Win 7 interface works with CCC 11.5, but not with earlier version.]

If I restart my system, then crossfire is enabled, but again I can't play WOW with DirectX 11 and the glassy Win 7 interface won't work.

So basically, the CCC 11.5 update won't allow me to use crossfire, but WOW runs great... but I can't stand the idea of my second graphics card being disabled!

Please help (and sorry again for the long post),
Thanks,
Cameron

dust

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2008
That must be a darn good driver if it enables DX11 settings on DX10.1 hardware.Have you tried anything else between 10.9 and 11.5?

cprice

May 23, 2011
That's what I'm starting to think, maybe I'm lucky it loads DirectX 11 settings at all, runs my game nearly perfect, and enables cool interface settings. If that's the case, then maybe I'll just pull the secondary...

I've tried all available versions in between and none enable the game to run DirectX 11.