4870 Linux Drivers

kong132

Dec 2, 2007
Does anyone know how I can get linux drivers? There was mention of them being available on the ati disk, but my sapphire card doesn't have them.

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
The fglrx drivers (Propriatary 'Official' ATI driver) comes out every month now with the Windows drivers, you can find them on ati.amd.com . However, you might also want to try the Open source drivers which are gaining speed dramatically every day- most specifically the xf86-video-radeonhd driver which you can install Using these instructions . You can learn more about it here and here .

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Sylvanas
The fglrx drivers (Propriatary 'Official' ATI driver) comes out every month now with the Windows drivers, you can find them on ati.amd.com . However, you might also want to try the Open source drivers which are gaining speed dramatically every day- most specifically the xf86-video-radeonhd driver which you can install Using these instructions . You can learn more about it here and here .

Good post, but the RadeonHD drivers have no 3D acceleration and minimal 2D acceleration. I'd go wit the ATI fglrx drivers for the time being. They've been released once a month for a while now and are fairly solid. The 8.7s should be arriving soon.