4850 3DMark06 score too low?

bizzyd1441

Apr 6, 2008
I just ran 3DMark06 after installing my VisionTek 4850 the other day. My rig is in my sig (that rhymes!) and my score was about 8600. Does this seem reasonable for my system? Or am I not getting the score I should have. Btw, I don't have anything overclocked.

imported_apocalypse

Aug 27, 2008
That could be a bit low but what are your CPU and video card individual scores? You're probably being held back by your CPU.
Did you submit your score online and check out the page that tells you the 3dmark averages for similar systems to yours?

I'm getting in the 12000s with my system, but I have a much faster cpu.

error8

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2007
The score seems normal. Overclock that cpu, since is holding the card back by a lot. At 3 ghz you'll have a way better score. :)

bizzyd1441

Apr 6, 2008
okay. I know my cpu score is much lower since most people have better cpus. I got just over 1000 for my individual CPU score.

And how much should I overclock my CPU with my system? I don't want to overheat it or cause damage. I also don't want the inside of the case getting too hot and increasing my video card temp either.

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
I have an E6300 running 2.8, (7 x 400). It would probably run faster, but I only have DDR2 800 and don't want to overclock it. You would probably be fine at that speed too, but try the 333 bus speed first and make sure everything runs OK.

edit: I forgot to mention that I am running at stock voltage for the E6300. I did not want to push it too much. You should not have to adjust your voltages either.

bizzyd1441

Apr 6, 2008
The stock voltage for my E6300 is about 1.168v and the stock voltage for my memory is 1.9v. So if I overclock the bus speed from 266 to 333 I shouldn't have to change any voltages? Do I need to change anything with the ram speeds?

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
Originally posted by: ap0calypse
That could be a bit low but what are your CPU and video card individual scores? You're probably being held back by your CPU.
Did you submit your score online and check out the page that tells you the 3dmark averages for similar systems to yours?

I'm getting in the 12000s with my system, but I have a much faster cpu

Interesting, I get 13K with my sys, same cpu, yet slower gpu!

error8

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2007
Originally posted by: SolMiester

Hmmm.....Nvidia cards always do better in 3dmark then ATI cards. When you'll put your 9600 GT near 4850 in games, then you will see that the ATI card is faster.

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
Your 3dmark06 seems about right considering your CPU.

I have the same CPU with same mobo except mine is the vanilla version. I can get my CPU upto 3.5ghz at 1.55 voltage. At default voltage I can do 3.05ghz.

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001

Slower Nvidia cards tend to score same as 4850 or sometimes faster in 3dmark06. It's an old benchmark built with less HDR32 texture throughput in mind and not all systems are created equal.

If if was vantage you wouldn't even get close to 4850 with a 9600gt.

imported_apocalypse

Aug 27, 2008

Heh, interesting indeed. Well, it all comes down to whether your games play as smooth as you want them to anyway.

That being said, I'm going to re-bench without all the programs I had open in the background last time ;)