477 Rifles (machine guns, AKs, etc) , 100K of ammo, 500 lbs. of gunpowder - Baghdad? Gaza? Waco? Guess again..

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Bumrush99
Originally posted by: So
Originally posted by: ThisIsMatt
Originally posted by: BigJ
Originally posted by: Proletariat
Originally posted by: BigJ
Originally posted by: Brackis
Jesus christ.... oh noes my guns are going to be taken away?!!@#?!@#

You guys preach and whine about needing more security and military to protect us against evil terrorists who will get weapons and kill all of us, but when its a white guy in New Jersey with 500 pounds of gunpowder in leaking bags who has been selling blackmarket automatic weapons with silencers it is wrong?

Give me a break.
Go enjoy shooting your small collection of hobby guns you middle class white southern folks and stop acting like poor victims.

WTF are you talking about?
How freaking hard is it to understand? I mean I know this is OT but come-f***ing-on man. Hes talking about the sad double standard some people have been displaying in this thread and your pathetic need for weapons to fight a government which could easily crush you even with said weapons. If this dude was an Arab or something he would be in Guantonomo sitting in an air-conditioned room with no clothes on and listening to some loud-ass Metallica music for a few days.

What "sad double standard?" The people in this thread, and these forums, are all about protecting a person's right to own weapons legally.

Which has nothing to do with a convicted felon, who illegally acquired and possessed these weapons, not to mention committing an assortment of other crimes.
It's sad that there are laws that made him a felon :)

According to thae article, his 'felony' was selling the guns in the first place.

Do you think the gun dealer that sold guns to kids at Columbine deserved to be punished? How about if he sold one of his guns to a felon that went ahead and killed some innocent people?

Gun dealer didn't sell them to the kids that did Columbine, they were sold to a friend of theirs that was legally able to obtain them.

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: phantom309
Jesus christ.... oh noes my guns are going to be taken away?!!@#?!@#
You guys preach and whine about needing more security and military to protect us against evil terrorists who will get weapons and kill all of us, but when its a white guy in New Jersey with 500 pounds of gunpowder in leaking bags who has been selling blackmarket automatic weapons with silencers gets arrested, it is wrong?
Give me a break.
Go enjoy shooting your collection of hobby guns you middle class white conservative folks and stop acting like poor victims who need to "rise up".

Edited: spelling and a few clarifying words.
Just for the record, I'm a white middle-class Bush-bashing Democrat gun enthusiast - and I'm by no means the only one I know. What infuriates us is the media's ignorance and obvious bias against private citizens owning guns. You don't have to be a raving NRA lunatic to see it, either - the more you know about guns the more clear it becomes.

Having said that, I have no sympathy for arms traffickers - that guy was doing far more to arm the criminals than protect anybody from them.
Funny, I'm a Bush bashing guy who shoots guns too. There are many laws that I think are stupid for guns, but others that should be in place (and some that aren't). the point is that this guy had stockpiles of guns he knew were illegal. Seeing as he had over 20 of the same model AK and SKS (okay, yes there are many variations of the SKS, but not enough so that you aren't having many identical ones in a set of 20) which shows he may have had some intent to sell or distribute these guns. Selling illegal guns, especially ones with silencers and full autocapabilities, and having silencer making materials, is nothing to commend, nor should he be abrogated from these charges.

Are you stupid? There are enough variants of the SKS you could own several dozen without repeats.

May 31, 2001
The whole gun lobby in the country is full of garbage, by refusing to endorse COMMON FREAKING SENSE legislation like background checks at gun shows where plenty of the hated terrorists can go to purchase weapons that can spray down large groups of people at a time. Or how angry the NRA and the Delay wing get when semi-automatic guns like the Uzi are banned, give me a break, its not like you need an UZI to shoot deer.

I believe LAW-Abiding citizens should have a right to bear arms. But at not at the expense of common sense.

You do realize that paperwork is already required to transfer ownership of Class 3 firearms, whether at a gun show or not, don't you?

The UZI is typically select-fire, unless modified to be semi-auto only for the non-Class 3 market.

AntiEverything

Aug 5, 2004
Your points are valid. I just think reaching a middle ground on some of the issues could have a positive impact in society. Not everything in life is so black and white.

Uhhh, we have reached a middle ground. There are plenty of gun laws in effect. What do you think having more would do?