40.41 Tab problem - FIXED

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Just installed 40.41's with a Gefoce 4 Ti 4400, under Win 2k, when I try to get to the Geforce4 Ti 4400 tab I get an error saying "an error occured while Windows was working with the Control Panel fiel C:\WINNT\System32\desk.cpl" and then the window closes when I click OK. All the other things are fine and I can change resolution, colour depth and refresh rate fine.

pm

Elite Member Mobile Devices
Jan 25, 2000
I have a different (but possibly related) problem. When I do the same thing, the computer freezes for a minute and then the panel shows up like it should, but I can't select anything. Whenever I move the mouse to this funky new panel thing that they implemented in the Det 40 drivers, the panel closes. It's almost like a practical joke. I move the mouse to the panel, panel disappears.

I went back to the old drivers that I was using before.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Just installed 40.41's with a Gefoce 4 Ti 4400, under Win 2k, when I try to get to the Geforce4 Ti 4400 tab I get an error saying "an error occured

I had the same thing happen to me when I didn`t remove the old drivers,you must remove the old drivers first,all I did was go to Control Panel then add/remove program icon and remove the Nvidia software, after this I went to Windows Explorer and deleted the Nvidia folder and its contents,rebooted and reinstalled 40.41 drivers( btw XP did not try to install drivers on reboot) and everything went fine.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Thanks. Never though of that :/ Worked nicely, now to fiddle with some options