Feb 5, 2001
Magic 2012 Gold Game Bundle $6.79 66% off includes below
Magic The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012
Magic the Gathering 2012 Expansion $1.69 66% off
Magic 2012 Deck Pack 1-3 $1.01 each 66% off

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
They've marketed this confusingly at times - I had the base game so picked up expansion and the three decks.

Last edited:

zanemoseley

Feb 27, 2011
So how much fun is this game for experienced Magic players? I was a die hard fan in the mid to late 90's before selling all my cards. I had a brief stint on Magic online which I also enjoyed but got expensive so I ended up selling all my stuff yet again. I also had the original duels of the planeswalkers on my pentium 100 (feeling old) and loved it.

Does using pre-fab decks make this game blah or is it fun an challenging? Wondering if I should try it out or let my Magic experience remain a favorable one in the past.

Mar 10, 2005
So how much fun is this game for experienced Magic players? I was a die hard fan in the mid to late 90's before selling all my cards. I had a brief stint on Magic online which I also enjoyed but got expensive so I ended up selling all my stuff yet again. I also had the original duels of the planeswalkers on my pentium 100 (feeling old) and loved it.

Does using pre-fab decks make this game blah or is it fun an challenging? Wondering if I should try it out or let my Magic experience remain a favorable one in the past.

stay away from this one.

you cannot make your own decks with the cards you purchase.
the emphasis seems to be on 3v1, 2v2, and ffa.
although miles better than the original pc game (puke) it's still poorly designed and buggy as hell.
$6.79 down the shitter.

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
So how much fun is this game for experienced Magic players?

I started playing MTG about the second year it came out, and have quite a huge collection from Arabian Nights on. Played in a bunch of local level tournaments, and with many of my friends for years. Amazed at how much some of the cards are going for now; they will be buying me a boat.

Hate the pre-made deck setup of these games, but they still are some of the best strategy games out there. So easy to jump in a game with an online friend you've never met that plays, and have a good time, even if you can't break out a deck entirely of your construction.

Installed last night, and have 8 hours into the game from one stretch, so definately worth the sale price to me. Good strategy with varied decks, and the type of game where you will lose occasionally no matter how good you are, which I feel is a plus in this day of super-easy gaming where I can usually beat an entire game without much of a challenge.