Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
New code EMCNJNB86 exp.1/14

------------

Rosewill RLFL-11003
$17.99 with free shipping available from 3:00PM - 5:59PM PST 11/12/12

Uses 3x D-cell batteries.

I purchased one of these for the same price over Summer. It is insanely bright. It is very similar in size/shape to the old Mag Lights, but it is a lot brighter (yes I have a D-cell Mag Light too). I do believe it throws more light than the HIDs in my car. I can put a spotlight on a tree nearly a block away. I'm only using cheap dollar store batteries (alkaline 2x D for $0.99).

This is not an EDC flashlight (everyday carry). This is one of those flashlights you leave in the house, and bust out with in an emergency.

Last edited by a moderator:

BenJeremy

Oct 31, 2004
In for 2 here... might keep both, might give one as a gift. Dunno yet... love those Crees.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Deal is back. Same price, new code.

Rosewill RLFL-11003

$12 off w/ promo code EMCJHJC85, ends 12/16

For those who got in previously, how are you liking them?

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
New code EMCNJNB86 exp.1/14 for same flashlight, same price $17.99 shipped.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
i really want one, but you dont seem to give it a glowing review saying "not for everyday carry" so i was thinking i would shop around and look for something 10$ more that not want to throw away if power switch breaks (few reviews mentioned the switch and contact).. I want it tho if you say it is good.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
switch has not broken for me, you just need to remember to leave your thumb off it. Any pressure and it turns it off.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
i really want one, but you dont seem to give it a glowing review saying "not for everyday carry" ... I want it tho if you say it is good.

It IS good. What I mean by "EDC - everyday carry" means it doesn't fit in any of my pockets, at 12.4" long. My EDCs all use a single AA battery. Not as bright as this 3xD, but infinitely more portable. My Rosewill now resides in my car trunk. At home I have a 4xD MagLite that I got a cheap drop-in replacement LED a couple weeks ago.

Lately my EDC has been a blue version of this zoom LED flashlight. The clip is very sturdy, so when I go to work I just clip it on my belt like a true nerd. If I want to have something actually in my pocket, I have an old LED Lenser unit that is super compact and doesn't have any pseudo assault crown.

Last edited:

cbunn

Sep 1, 2011
There was another promo code that came in an e-mail before this. I'm not sure if it's specific to certain accounts. It is 20% off all Rosewill Flashlights. BTENJNC63

I like the smaller, AAA-powered model.

And now that I check that link, it's OOS. Damn.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
The plumber had one of mine under the house for a few days, dragging it around in a confined crawlspace. I'm sure it took some abuse :p
Works fine.

SiberianDude

Apr 8, 2011
Like everything Rosewill makes, this flashlight is a P.O.C.! I bought it last time it was $17, waste of money...

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
I bought a 3d LED Maglite for work and it was fine, and cheaper then this one I think, but I'm sure it's brighter then a maglite LED.

I also got a 4 LED Maglite for work for "better reach" and holy crap they are hard to find. I remember reading that D cell batteries really aren't that great for bright LED lamps.

SiberianDude

Apr 8, 2011
What is wrong with yours?
The thread between the bottom cap and the body of the flashlight is part of the circuit--if the contact over the thread is bad, there's no light. I have to find the half tight position of the cap to light the flashlight.
In addition, the light is barely as bright as that of a tiny, one AA powered, flashlight, which costs half as much as this Rosewill.
:thumbsdown:

DerrickRose

May 15, 2013
New code EMCNJNB86 exp.1/14

------------

$17.99 with free shipping available from 3:00PM - 5:59PM PST 11/12/12

Uses 3x D-cell batteries.

I purchased one of these for the same price over Summer. It is insanely bright. It is very similar in size/shape to the old Mag
led flashlights, but it is a lot brighter (yes I have a D-cell Mag Light too). I do believe it throws more light than the HIDs in my car. I can put a spotlight on a tree nearly a block away. I'm only using cheap dollar store batteries (alkaline 2x D for $0.99).

This is not an EDC flashlight (everyday carry). This is one of those flashlights you leave in the house, and bust out with in an emergency.

Not sure I am too late to reply. Is the deal open? I would love to grab few of them so can you give some discount if available. Thanks waiting for reply:cool::cool:

Last edited:

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Newegg deals also often come back. I always (if known) put the expiration date in my posts. For instance,

New code EMCNJNB86 exp.1/14 for same flashlight, same price $17.99 shipped.

Though I guess I forgot to put 2013, so someone might come around next January...

Jiggz

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2001
Actually this deal is back! Just make sure you have the discount code. And this time expires 5/22/2013.

PsiStar

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2005
I can't change the d@mn batteries!!!

Has anyone needed to replace the batteries. The bottom absolutely will not turn. I wrenched it. Do I need to try harder?

At the top, the lens housing comes off but the led assembly will not budge.

What did you guys do?

This is not a necro thread

spacelord

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2002
I can't change the d@mn batteries!!!

Has anyone needed to replace the batteries. The bottom absolutely will not turn. I wrenched it. Do I need to try harder?

At the top, the lens housing comes off but the led assembly will not budge.

What did you guys do?

This is not a necro thread

I have this flashlight. I just went and unscrewed the bottom, and I was able to get to the batteries easily.
I think I'm still on the original set of batteries in this flashlight. It's a bright MFing flashlight...

good luck.. I'm not sure what would keep yours from unscrewing.