Question 3rd party software to control HP Omen case lighting?

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
I've got an HP Omen 870 desktop. (I know, I should have prebuilt, etc... but I've got a young daughter and life is short.) It's got some built in RGB lighting on the front, that's controlled by HP's own software.

I'm thinking about getting a new mouse and keyboard, and ideally I would like to sync up the lighting controls so that all the lights are controlled by one piece of software. Is there anything out there that could do that?

Reactions: marcolopes

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I guess it depends if HP is using an open RGB system, or a proprietary one, either one they made, or one from a company like corsair. Do you know if they plug straight into the motherboard, or if they plug into a controller, which may have a logo or part number on it?

marcolopes

Nov 21, 2020
I need the same! I removed everything HP pre-installed, including OMEN COMMAND CENTER (now i can't even install it again, HP is a mess with software...)

Is there any way to configure JUST the RGB on an OMEN 25L?

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
I need the same! I removed everything HP pre-installed, including OMEN COMMAND CENTER (now i can't even install it again, HP is a mess with software...)

Is there any way to configure JUST the RGB on an OMEN 25L?

I still haven't found anything, so let me know if you do!

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
The RGB tools are a complete mess. Every company has their own system and the tools are all bloatware. You can try Jacknet RGB and see if it supports HP.