3dfx Voodoo 5 6000 AGP Rev 3700 on ebay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmundoab

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2003
www.facebook.com
I finally have this listed on ebay
But I wonder how great is the demand for prototype boards these days as compared to 5 years ago

I started collecting in 2001, back then attracting similiar interest in Europe
The community was big, but since then, its almost a decade they ran out of business...

<link removed>

Come on guys, really? You can't promote your own eBay auctions here, especially in a non-commerce forum

-ViRGE

Last edited by a moderator:

tviceman

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2008
www.facebook.com
I finally have this listed on ebay
But I wonder how great is the demand for prototype boards these days as compared to 5 years ago

I started collecting in 2001, back then attracting similiar interest in Europe
The community was big, but since then, its almost a decade they ran out of business...

<link removed>

Wow that is amazing! How long did you have that card for?

Last edited by a moderator:

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Damn, I had one of these I gave to my brother to sell, with the four VSA chips and some stickers on it, it was really strange, had a VGA output as well as some mini-DVI looking connector. He says he threw it in the trash :'(

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
How can you throw away a piece of history that wrote the legacy of 3dfx? There must be only a dozen of those 6000 chips in the world.

edmundoab

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2003
www.facebook.com
Wow that is amazing! How long did you have that card for?

I had this card since 2005, it was a gift from one of the fellow collectors before I left the USA for Malaysia.... thats after graduation anyway
and I couldn't find a job, US was in bad shape.. so I decided to go back

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I wish I could have seen one of those in person. I remember my brother bringing home a 5500 and it came with a mousepad cus they were pushed back and I was in awe of how huge it was. How much longer was this than the 5500?

edmundoab

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2003
www.facebook.com
Damn, I had one of these I gave to my brother to sell, with the four VSA chips and some stickers on it, it was really strange, had a VGA output as well as some mini-DVI looking connector. He says he threw it in the trash :'(

how did you get hold of a prototype? someone worked in 3dfx then?

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
how did you get hold of a prototype? someone worked in 3dfx then?

I bought it at first saturday in 2002 or 2003, which was once a massive once-a-month PC/misc flea market in Dallas. It's declined a lot over the years, but back in the day was truly a wild place to check things out. It came in a long box and had a lot of white papers, cables, and CD-R's with it. The guy I bought it from said that it might have been provided to ID software (in the Dallas area) for testing with their game engines and 3dfx optimizations for the 5/6 series. I never really thought too much about it, but never thought it would garner so much attention. I remember the AT supplemental power cable connection and thinking wow what a weird HUGE card. Now of course almost every decent card has a supplemental power connector.

Ayah

Platinum Member
Jan 1, 2006
Voodoo 6000. King of all cards. Where are the quad-fermi single PCB cards coming? :D

Hey Zeus

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
There are still over 9 days left on the auction. I'm pretty sure that the closing price will indicate it's worth considerably more than that.

But why? I mean who cares. It's just an old POS video card.

Last edited:

crisium

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2001
The the whole definition of a collector's item. Surely this isn't a new concept to you Zeus? I ain't gonna buy one. But some people either take pride in a rare, crazy item or think it will sell even more in the future (it's an investment) or both.

Schmide

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2002
I have a Glint 300sx or something in my garage. I think. Somewhere.

Last edited:

Knowname

Feb 17, 2005
I got a S3 Savage2k 64mb PROTOTYPE!! Most were only 32mb! You think I can get $700 for it?? or even 100??? I'll settle for 50 bucks!!! Yeah... unfortunately S3's legacy didn't quite reach the heights of 3dfx :/

Got a Trident Blade3d somewhere in this room too!!! And an Intel i740 upstairs somewhere. C'mon! Give me your money!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.