3Com USB 10/100 Ethernet Adapter $4.99

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hasu

Apr 5, 2001
whoooo... I never realized tigerdirect to be so much screwed up... Long back I bought a router from them, without much trouble. Now they are asking for even my ssn to buy some cheap stuff!! What will they ask in the next step.. blood sample or dna id or something?

RobsTV

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2000
WARNING: DO NOT GIVE THEM SSN.
Tigerdirect has severe security flaws!
When pointed out to them, they make no attempt to correct these.

For example, one time when I went to checkout as a previous customer.
After entering my username and password, my info page came up with
someone elses complete information, including all of the other persons
private info. I e-mailed Tiger several times, including e-mail to President,
but not one was every returned, and the wrong personal info never did
get corrected. After 6 months, the other guys info is still there under my
name! I did do him the favor of editing some of his info to bogus stuff,
just in case. Bogus stuff, and non-changed stuff still there.

TechDreamer

Feb 7, 2002
This cannot be used to hook a printer to a network.
This adapter is also at Fry's for $13.00. This is the same price as Tigers shipped price. I know there are hardly any Fry's stores around, but not a bad deal if you can get it. I almost ordered this from Tiger, but I just did not want to reward them for being such a bad company. I'm glad that Fry's deal came up.

PC166

Banned
May 5, 2002
never ordered from TD so I may not want to anyway. already got like 8 10mbit card lying around so this would just go to waste lol.
Originally posted by: TechDreamer
This cannot be used to hook a printer to a network.
This adapter is also at Fry's for $13.00. This is the same price as Tigers shipped price. I know there are hardly any Fry's stores around, but not a bad deal if you can get it. I almost ordered this from Tiger, but I just did not want to reward them for being such a bad company. I'm glad that Fry's deal came up.

ThaPerculator

Golden Member
May 11, 2001
Ordered this when it first came up... Had a good experience adn it works fine for temporarily connecting my laptop to my network until I can afford a WAP. Plus, I can play tony hawk 3 online with my ps2 :) Thanks for the deal!!

amgine

Feb 12, 2002
One big warning.....this is misadvertised AGAIN!
I bought this from them seeing it was 10/100 when I got my Audrey from them(tigerdirect)
When I got it, box said 10 mbs not 10/100.
3com website also lists this at 10 Mbs.
I called them on false advertising and they wouldn't do Jack, but I did get a 5 port switch out of complaining.

blatchy

Jan 27, 2000
I got 4 for $30 bucks shipped, no prob. They came quick, too. I hooked it up to my PS2 no prob, and have been playing Tony Hawk 3 online for the last week. The setup is real easy, too. Beats having to buy the ethernet adapter for the PS2 later on down the road...

Branded

Aug 10, 2000
amgine, 10/100 means it will connect to a 10mb network or 100mb network. the speed is limited by the usb connection to 12mb.

amgine

Feb 12, 2002
Branded:
My apologies, the 3C460B is 10/100, the 3C460 lists at ten and I have the 3c19250 also rated at ten.
The ones I had wouldn't work on my 100 only LAN so they had to send me a 10/100 switch.
I'm gonna buy this one and give it a try. The Xircom pegualt usb is only 10 and has been proven to work with the Webplayer that just sold on Ubid for 55 bucks.
A Hacking we will go! Anyone got any deals on big cheap laptop drives???

smitty99

Nov 11, 1999
It works with XP, as has been mentioned.

MORE important, though, is that TiVo v. 3.0 supports these connectors. Oh happy day...