3570k does 4.3ghz on stock voltage, should I exchange it?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 7, 2012
I have some AS5 laying around so I guess I'll clean the cheap Intel paste off and try that as well.

As far as the troll comments, guess I should get used to that. I was called a troll when I mentioned ecigs, probably will be called a troll for posting in P&N at some point as well.

If the various companies want to pass the costs along, then cheap consumers like myself will still find ways around it. I got the 8GB of ram for $25 off ebay because it was listed in the wrong category. My last upgrade was a Phenom 555 unlocked and OC'd to 3.4ghz that is going to sell for within $10 of what I paid several years later.

The only reason I am even going back to Microcenter is the Biostar board I wanted couldn't be located even though 3 were in stock. The employees tried to find it, but didn't deny it was probably somewhere in the store. When I worked at Fry's I'd find computer desks on the 3rd level of overstock behind computer towers; items can be found.

All factors considered, I'm sure my consumption of electronics is still a net profit for all involved.

Pneumothorax

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2002
My 3770k week 15 costa rica does 4.3 on stock volts all day long. Very happy with the chip so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

destey

Jan 17, 2008
Using the same morale it would be ok to cheat in tax and steal from rich people.

Bad is bad, nomatter how you try and twist it.

And if you think its Intel or Microcenter that gonna end up paying you are wrong. They will simply add the expenses to the cost of the products. So in the end its the average Joe that gonna end up with the bill from you.

That's quite a stretch. The company I work (outdoor power equip) for has a return policy that if you, for any reason, want to return the product in 6mnths, you can. Some people don't like the machine and return it, others use it for 5 months and 29 days then return it and get the next item in our catalog for a free 6 month use. The policy was well thought out and all aspects were taken into consideration (what you would call exploiting it). In the end, having this policy generates us more profits than not (or we wouldn't do it!).

Utilizing a return process is not stealing, I don't know how you can make that conclusion. Only if you inject emotion and start to look at reasons why someone is returning a product can you even go in the direction you're talking about, and business are better run by logic than emotion.

If people are returning products and causing losses, then the return policy will be changed or stopped (like a restocking fee added).

Stealing is going into a intel fab and physically taking a chip out of a bin, putting in your pocket and walking out the door. Returning a product (even for a silly reason) is simply utilizing an option the seller provides. I suggest you take microeconomics for a deeper analysis.

Puppies04

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2011
I want max OC while keeping power consumption in check and I'll be using the stock cooler.

Trust me power consumption won't be an issue when your chip is thermally throttling itself, go buy a hyper 212 or something.

Also you seem to be worried about over volting your chip, you are aware that you are no longer running at "stock" voltage ( by this I mean the voltage the chip was running on out of the box) by raising the multiplier to X43 aren't you?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
HolyCrap(tm).
I'd return it, make a youtube of it, and post it here just for the HolyBunch(tm) in this thread to foam over.
WE SURE ARE GOOD PPL HERE ARE WE NOT MY LORD............ arrrgh!!

rickon66

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
OP, one thing that stands out to me on this thread is the fact that you started out asking for "opinions" about returning the chip. You did get opinions with some added editorial content, way more than you probably thought you would. Anyone who says that abusing liberal return policies has no impact on companies and consumers is very mistaken,the cost is ultimately passed on to consumers and has caused many retail companies to tighten return policies for people who have a real need to return items.

Last edited:

Pneumothorax

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2002
OP, one thing that stands out to me on this thread is the fact that you started out asking for "opinions" about returning the chip. You did get opinions with some added editorial content, way more than you probably thought you would. Anyone who says that abusing liberal return policies has no impact on companies and consumers is very mistaken,the cost is ultimately passed on to consumers and has caused many retail companies to tighten return policies for people who have a real need to return items.

Yup, one of the indirect reasons why CompUSSR went under. When they first opened, their return policies were very liberal. In fact, I had several college buddies take advantage by buying hundreds of dollars of stuff for lan parties and returning it after the weekend. Because of this they eventually became much more draconian and eventually shot themselves in the foot.

2is

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2012
I have some AS5 laying around so I guess I'll clean the cheap Intel paste off and try that as well.

As far as the troll comments, guess I should get used to that. I was called a troll when I mentioned ecigs, probably will be called a troll for posting in P&N at some point as well.

If the various companies want to pass the costs along, then cheap consumers like myself will still find ways around it. I got the 8GB of ram for $25 off ebay because it was listed in the wrong category. My last upgrade was a Phenom 555 unlocked and OC'd to 3.4ghz that is going to sell for within $10 of what I paid several years later.

The only reason I am even going back to Microcenter is the Biostar board I wanted couldn't be located even though 3 were in stock. The employees tried to find it, but didn't deny it was probably somewhere in the store. When I worked at Fry's I'd find computer desks on the 3rd level of overstock behind computer towers; items can be found.

All factors considered, I'm sure my consumption of electronics is still a net profit for all involved.

Cheap consumers and unethical consumers aren't the same thing. A cheap consumer will buy DDR3 1333 because it's $5 less than DDR3 1600. An unethical consumer does what you want to do.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I didn't bother to see what I could do on stock volts with a 3570k. I tried 4.7Ghz and the voltage needed was more than I was happy with for absolute stability so I went with 4.6Ghz. Running like a champ.

Trizzay

Jan 23, 2003
I didn't bother to see what I could do on stock volts with a 3570k. I tried 4.7Ghz and the voltage needed was more than I was happy with for absolute stability so I went with 4.6Ghz. Running like a champ.

How high do your temps get running at 4.6?