35 US soldiers wounded in mortar attack

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
I just heard on NPR that the total number of wounded soldiers from the Army branch (seriously enough to evac.) exceeds 9000. Now, I don't know how they got this figure as it is very difficult to find it available anywhere else.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Pepsei
I just heard on NPR that the total number of wounded soldiers from the Army branch (seriously enough to evac.) exceeds 9000. Now, I don't know how they got this figure as it is very difficult to find it available anywhere else.

Sounds about right. CNN recently did a documentary on the wounded and the number(don't recall the number) was very high. Of course this number of "9000" would cover all injuries not just combat related.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
This sucks. Was it worth it? All the money wasted, all the lives ruined for a pre-emptive war? Intel was horrendous. Not only no wmd, the iraqis hate us not welcoming us like Bush said they would...or else these "dead enders" would'nt be able to survive and manace the occupation due to popular revolt/turning ins.

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
Originally posted by: sandorski

Sounds about right. CNN recently did a documentary on the wounded and the number(don't recall the number) was very high. Of course this number of "9000" would cover all injuries not just combat related.

Right, they were talking about injuries from bullets to having their truck flip over on the road. And the average wounded is about 1000 a month.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: sandorski

Right, they were talking about injuries from bullets to having their truck flip over on the road. And the average wounded is about 1000 a month.

That might be a tad high, but it is impossible to have that many troops operating under fire in those conditions without a constant stream of casualties.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: Zebo
This sucks. Was it worth it? All the money wasted, all the lives ruined for a pre-emptive war? Intel was horrendous. Not only no wmd, the iraqis hate us not welcoming us like Bush said they would...or else these "dead enders" would'nt be able to survive and manace the occupation due to popular revolt/turning ins.

I am sure all Iraqi's hate us
rolleye.gif

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
I really wish they weren't there. And I also think $100,000,000,000 should never go to the Iraqis when we have serious problems here already
schools
highways
power grid
border defense
etc etc.